News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Would HOT accept the Pirates?

Started by DaveL, September 25, 2006, 09:52:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Would our swarthy band be welcome here?

Hell yeah!!
13 (65%)
Yes provided you leave your cutlass
6 (30%)
The HOT will get back to ya
0 (0%)
Hell no, not them again
1 (5%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Outis the Unready

Quote from: NoName on September 25, 2006, 09:35:14 PM
Hmmm wonder what probity means in Pirate?!?!
Goes in a deep trance to speak to the ancestors....
Okay. "probity" in pirate means "It is likely, but I won't commit to saying it is definate."

where is the butter?
I can't live without butter.
Please pass the butter.

The Black Spot

Harrrrrrrrrr...!

I be aboard at last! I'll be speakin' to Bart over a couple o' grogs termorrow an' see if ee's comin' along.

Bluenose

Yaarrr!!!!  Oi be seein a few old shipmates in 'ere an Oi be thinking that there be pillagin aplenty fer all.

Keep Old Ron outta here, but.

Cap'n One Eye Nick
Myers Briggs personality type: ENTP -  "Inventor". Enthusiastic interest in everything and always sensitive to possibilities. Non-conformist and innovative. 3.2% of the total population.

ivor

Quote from: Calico Jack on September 25, 2006, 02:04:28 PM
Hi Dave L it is Calico Jack formerly known as Walk the Plank.  If Prince can change his name then why not I.  Lets hope we can get the Pirate Board up and running here.  It might be worth checking that there is sufficient bandwidth before Black Bart joins up.

I've got plenty.  Let'r rip.

MB

Calico Jack

Quote from: The Black Spot on September 26, 2006, 12:37:25 AM
Harrrrrrrrrr...!

I be aboard at last! I'll be speakin' to Bart over a couple o' grogs termorrow an' see if ee's comin' along.

Arrgh it be that evil scheming blaggard Black Spot. I as ad to change me name and go on ter another site but still the varmint tracks me down.  What be the chances that Black Bart will join up and have 1000 postings by teatime.
Today everything is different; there's no action, have to wait around like everyone else. Can't even get decent food, right after I got here, I ordered some spaghetti with marinara sauce and I got egg noodles and ketchup. I'm an average nobody, get to live the rest of my life like a schnook.

DaveL

YArrrrrr...(does that count as chanting?)

It's nice to see all the scurvy dogs making their way over here. Oi's be keen to see Black Bart will be over 'ere too.

Oi'll be looking for a nice monk with an eye patch avatar to replace me Pirate Boy Band one.

(close eyes and take a deep breath) Arrrrrr....Arrrrrrr...Arrrrrrr...
Wow that's so Zen!!  ;D
Busily tracking Santa on NORAD...

This year your toast ye chubby, slegh driving, white bearded, coca cola advertisement!!

Griffin NoName

AAaaaaaaaRRGGHhhH!  It be good ter see them Pirates boardin. Avast, all of ye.

Oi be afeard we need ter extend the moat; the squidlins be gaspin fer space wiv all em ships. If Black Bart terns up wiv is iwantoneofthose ther'll be a dreadful accident fer sure.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

DaveL

Quote from: NoName on September 26, 2006, 11:47:23 AM
AAaaaaaaaRRGGHhhH!  It be good ter see them Pirates boardin. Avast, all of ye.

Oi be afeard we need ter extend the moat; the squidlins be gaspin fer space wiv all em ships. If Black Bart terns up wiv is iwantoneofthose ther'll be a dreadful accident fer sure.

YArrrr...it be truly charitable of youse monks to share yer humble monastery with us. We'll be putting a large slice of treasure in yer charity box. You'll be able to build a king size squiddly tank with the dubloons we's be given yers.

Keeping the lads away from Fif's might be a hard one to enforce though.
Busily tracking Santa on NORAD...

This year your toast ye chubby, slegh driving, white bearded, coca cola advertisement!!

Opsa

Y'aaarrrgghhhh, just wanting to chime in on the welcomes to the pirates.

Everyone is welcome in our sanctuary, as is the case with any good monastery. We won't ask the pirates to be monks, however if any want to be, they're welcome to apply, once we figure out how to set that up. Otherwise, all we ask is that the other place (which I'll not mention) be mentioned as little as possible, so as not to cause bad feelings between the sites.

The monastery was begun by a few who met over there and began to grow in another direction from there. Now we've outgrown them and would  like to move along with no hard feelings. Some people here choose to be in both places, and that's fine. Peaceful communication is the Toadfish ideal. Humbleness is a method we've found that works well.

Aphos

Arrgh!

Now that the pirates are showing up, myhaps we can have us a boarding party.
--The topologist formerly known as Poincare's Stepchild--

Griffin NoName

Quote from: Aphos on September 26, 2006, 08:47:01 PM
Arrgh!

Now that the pirates are showing up, myhaps we can have us a boarding party.

Oi opes yer realise wot that might be loike !!!  Them not be ones ter 'old back.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Teripie

I joined TOP* because the pirates were so entertaining. Then I stayed for the politics. I would have added a lot to the pirate threads except I find typing in in a consistent piratical way to be difficult. I do enjoy their colorful stories.

*The Other Place

Griffin NoName

Teripie - write yer Pirate in plain speak then copy paste it into the Pirate translator and copy and paste it back here.

Fer example, Oi ran the above threw that ther translator wot gives:

The pirate speaks,"Teripie - write yer Pirate in plain speak then copy paste it into t' Pirate translator and copy and paste it aft here"

See, yer know it makes sense.
Psychic Hotline Host

Aggie

Quote from: Teripie on September 27, 2006, 01:17:58 AM
I joined TOP* because the pirates were so entertaining. Then I stayed for the politics. I would have added a lot to the pirate threads except I find typing in in a consistent piratical way to be difficult. I do enjoy their colorful stories.

*The Other Place

Oi's be callin' that land 'Omnia'.  Pratchett fans will get it... 'tis to do with a certain Saint.
WWDDD?

Sibling Chatty

Arrrgh, the Quisition's a bit wearing on one.

Could we get an eagle to drop some folks from up high onto a rock? ;D
This sig area under construction.