News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Ye Pirate Pantomime

Started by Calico Jack, November 20, 2006, 12:07:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Please Vote for Yer Xmas Pantomime

Alarrrdin
0 (0%)
Brenderella
6 (75%)
Pirate in yer Boots
0 (0%)
Dave (L) Whittington
0 (0%)
Arrrli Baba
0 (0%)
Yer Christmas Carol
2 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Calico Jack

It be that time of year when all good Pirates tread the boards to take part in the annual Christmas Pantomime.

This year the Pirates have been asked by Portsmouth City Council to adapt a well known pantomime and give it a bit of a Pirate twist. We have been invited to stage this production at Portsmouth City Hall just before Xmas.

So how does this work, well the first thing is to agree which Pantomine we wish to prduce.

The next stage is to come up with a cast list

Finally we write the play itself which I suggest we do in stages a bit like the Briny Tale in that one act leads on to another.  We will need to get 4 or 5 of us involved in this bit.

So to start off by the end of this week we need to agree which pantomine we perform and what we are going to call it. So ye can all post your suggestions here.

So who's up for a bit of crass Xmas cheer.
Today everything is different; there's no action, have to wait around like everyone else. Can't even get decent food, right after I got here, I ordered some spaghetti with marinara sauce and I got egg noodles and ketchup. I'm an average nobody, get to live the rest of my life like a schnook.

Black Bart

YYYAAARRR I suppose Peter Pan would be the obvious one as it's already got a pirate in it.

Alaaaaarghddin

Sinderella...not a big cast in that though...all though ye could ave Big Ron turnin his sausages into a coach.

Snow White and the seven pirates...not for the kids!

Dick Whittington the cabin boy...lots of: 'It's behind you' jokes!

Weevils in the Wood
She was only the Lighthouse Keeper's daughter, but she never went out at night

The Black Spot

Ali Barrrba and the Forty Cutthroats

DaveL

YArrrr...

Oi be in it mateys. How's about:

* A smutty romp around Portsmouth...yarrr...no we've already got one.
* Honest John O'Grady's (as Mr Scrooge)Xmas Tale
* Big Ron's 3 Wishes

Bring it on!
Busily tracking Santa on NORAD...

This year your toast ye chubby, slegh driving, white bearded, coca cola advertisement!!

Griffin NoName

Pirate in Boots

Oi never seen any Pirates use a chemist but then the rum never runs out
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Sibling Kephra (Tansy)

Umm hello!  "Rudolph the red nosed Pirate".  Too much rum made little Pirate Jack's nose red.  And allll the other pirates whom used to pick on him got theirs when the Cap'n needed him to see (albiet bleary eyed) their way throught the mist...
Hee
Insanity takes it's toll; please have correct change.

Bluenose

Yarrr!

Wot abowt that all toime faveritte "Willie Winkle and the Rum Factory"?

Bags payin the king of the Oompaloompahs!

Cap'n Bluenose
Myers Briggs personality type: ENTP -  "Inventor". Enthusiastic interest in everything and always sensitive to possibilities. Non-conformist and innovative. 3.2% of the total population.

DaveL

'YArrrgh...welcome to the Stinky Blaggard Theatre, Portsmouth for the opening night of what promises to be a fine night of entertainment. The theatre is absolutely full, following disemabarkment of several galleons.

O'im you cheesy enteratainment host Benny 'Sparkles' Borthwicke. And with me here is our beautiful hostess...
Busily tracking Santa on NORAD...

This year your toast ye chubby, slegh driving, white bearded, coca cola advertisement!!

Sibling Kephra (Tansy)

Nasty Nancy MacGillum!
"Oi!  If ye thinks yer gettin' a loo' a' moi bloomers oi gots a dirk wi' wul pruves ye wrong!"
***menacing glare***
"Un tuday we gots a fair noice skit fer yous tuh 'njoy.  It be the renderin' o' Poirates o' Penzance boy the Cabin boy revuoo."
Insanity takes it's toll; please have correct change.

Sibling Chatty

Wiv cat-loike tred
We does sumfink sumfink
Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

TARANTARA TARANTARA!!!!

OH, wait, this part be a bit later on, innit??

Come frens who plough th' sea....
Tarnatara, tarantara...

Lemme get me petticoats on an sing Poor Wandrin' One

bow, exeunt
This sig area under construction.

Calico Jack

From yer suggestions I have created a poll of the best 6.  Yer can now vote fer the production you be wanting to stage.

Bring it on.
Today everything is different; there's no action, have to wait around like everyone else. Can't even get decent food, right after I got here, I ordered some spaghetti with marinara sauce and I got egg noodles and ketchup. I'm an average nobody, get to live the rest of my life like a schnook.

Black Bart

It looks good fer Brenderella so far...

I'm already laughing at the scene where the Prince staggers in with a humungous shoe the size of a rowing boat! 
She was only the Lighthouse Keeper's daughter, but she never went out at night

The Black Spot

I be thinkin' o' the bit when Prince Charming matches everyones teeth to the bite mark in the unfinished pasty that were dropped on the palace steps.

Aggie

'old up...  I thought he were tryin' to find the pasty what matches the glass denture dropped on th' steps...  ???
WWDDD?

Griffin NoName

An Oi be lookin forrard ter the bit where everyone shouts ter the cabin boy.... look behind yer !!

Oi don't be knowin oo Carol is but Oi rekkoned as no wun else be wantin er so Oi got me vote in quik.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand