News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

The Pirate Bible Project

Started by DaveL, May 04, 2008, 09:49:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pieces o nine

Yarrr!

Thee bit aboot thee cod peece gave me paws, DaveL, but ovverwise oi be moste himpressed! Oi needs t'himprove me verrrsion of Guinesses Ch1 a bit, but oi'll poste hit 'ere tomorrow.
"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"
--Marquise de Sevigne, February 11, 1677

Bruder Cuzzen

HAR HAR HAR!   Oil ave a go et Revelations , I believe ye lot nose wot ta xspeck !

Black Bart

Aaaaargh...pepole be so busy wiv translatin the bible they seem to have forgotten about postin on the Pirate boards.
She was only the Lighthouse Keeper's daughter, but she never went out at night

DaveL

Arghhhh...

Only one passage tranlated to date matey. No real works keepin me busy.
Oi hopes ye be signin up to do some tranlatin and illustratin Bart.

You too Opsa - you look like you can draw a few piratey Bible pics to make it look hintersetin'

I'm keen to just get on and start doing the whole of Genesis meself and hope it will just start snow balling (or alternatively die in the ass).

You shall find me in the monastery with quill and illumination manuscripts at the ready  :mrgreen:
Busily tracking Santa on NORAD...

This year your toast ye chubby, slegh driving, white bearded, coca cola advertisement!!

pieces o nine

Yarrr, mateys, thee Mad Moggies Revenge  be in dry dock (so ter speake) an' oi be runnin' ragged dealin wiv floode waters an innerwebbes going on an orf an thee loike...

DaveL, iffen ye wants ter do morrre ov Guinesses so's hit sounds loike hit all hangs togevver, that be foine wiv me. I'd could tackle sum Chanties [aka: p-salums] wen thee tornaydoes an floodes settles down agin, an oi be lookin' fourwarrrd ter reedin' BC's Revelations! This be a fishtastic idea, an not wun to let wither on thee vineyarrrd fer lack ov layburrrers.
"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"
--Marquise de Sevigne, February 11, 1677

gregology

Good news, I've started Genarrsis! I'm in the process of creating a dictionary to automate the process. I've got 120 words so far but need more. This is the beta, I'll have a community based dictionary up and running shortly.

Genarrsis

Please enjoy and improve :)

Edited for URL not working .... now it is.  ~Griffin

Griffin NoName

I like your Glog.

Hope you get more of the site up and running.

Perhaps you'd like to say hello to us in the Start Here thread?
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Opsa

Hi Gregology!

Here's a link to our newbie welcome thread.

gregology

Thank you, I'll hit that other forum now :)