News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Google+ Invites

Started by Scriblerus the Philosophe, July 14, 2011, 11:30:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scriblerus the Philosophe

I has them. PM me your (gmail) address if you want one. :)
"Whoever had created humanity had left in a major design flaw. It was its tendency to bend at the knees." --Terry Pratchett, Feet of Clay

Griffin NoName

Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

"Whoever had created humanity had left in a major design flaw. It was its tendency to bend at the knees." --Terry Pratchett, Feet of Clay

Griffin NoName

Looks a little complicated for me. But then, I am feeling my age (I just turned 60) and fear I am becoming incompetent and unable to understand the younger generation* which includes the way information is presented. Is this Google's answer to Facebook?

*I always thought I'd be a groovy granny, on the ball,  young at heart and a bit wacky, instead I am just a wreck
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Darlica

Quote from: Griffin NoName on July 15, 2011, 04:52:46 AM
Looks a little complicated for me. But then, I am feeling my age (I just turned 60) and fear I am becoming incompetent and unable to understand the younger generation* which includes the way information is presented.*snipp*

Someone bust have tampered with my birth-certificate because I feel exactly the same way...  ;)

Thank you Scriblerus for sharing your invites though, that's very kind of you.

*Insert imaginary fossil smiley* :D

And A belated happy birthday Griffin :piratetoadfish: :hug: :squidmusicLT: :squid_musicRT: :squid_robed:
"Kafka was a social realist" -Lindorm out of context

"You think education is expensive, try ignorance" -Anonymous

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

Quote from: Scriblerus the Philosophe on July 15, 2011, 01:50:55 AM
http://www.google.com/+/demo/

??

I am still confuzzled what this is.... ?

Sorry, but you can also call me old if you like.  (I am)

;)
Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Thank you again, Scrib!
--
It's facebook, but significantly better, you can manage who you share status with and how, using circles (your friends, your family, coworkers, etc). The stuff intended for your friends isn't necessarily appropriate to your boss, or your mom and viceversa. The interface simplifies this so that you have perfect and easy control of who sees what.

I can't wait to dump facebook now.  :mrgreen:
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

Okay, thanks for the explanation, Zono.

I've been thinking of dumping FB for some time, but since some of my family specifically requested I join... I really don't know how to ease out of it, without hurt feelings... *sigh*
Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

Griffin NoName

Quote from: Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith on July 17, 2011, 06:12:46 AM
Okay, thanks for the explanation, Zono.

I've been thinking of dumping FB for some time, but since some of my family specifically requested I join... I really don't know how to ease out of it, without hurt feelings... *sigh*

Quote from: Scriblerus the Philosophe on July 18, 2011, 12:21:21 AM
Give them invites.

Agree with Bob - same for me.

I think they'd ignore invites as they seem to want EVERYONE to see their stuff.

Perhaps this is the start of a tow tier approach, Google for people who like a degree of privacy, Facebook for those who like to splurge. Introverts and extroverts.

Personally I almost hate Facebook.
Psychic Hotline Host

Aggie

I've been having urges to flee Google entirely for some time, but who else...?  I don't play the Facebox.
WWDDD?

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

So far Google remains the benevolent tyrant of the industry (while the demonic empires of MS and Apple are clearly evil). The bigger they get, the harder it is to be decent but at least they're trying; it may stop at some point but what other alternative is there short of unplugging your self?
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.