News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Building Progress

Started by Griffin, November 29, 2017, 12:48:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Griffin

Apart from the things I have yet to do, like rescuing mr green, there's a few things I'd like feedback on.

The Monastery has been sending me forlorn error emails telling me "could not connect to database" but doesn't give any more information than that.

Has anyone had errors since coming here?

Also, somehow the permissions for what different group's/user's etc levels did not transfer properly.

Is there anything you can't see which you used to see?
Psychic Hotline Host
One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Aggie

I haven't poked around much, but no major glaring errors so far (and nothing you haven't previously warned us about).
WWDDD?

Pachyderm

Imus ad magum Ozi videndum, magum Ozi mirum mirissimum....

Darlica

Seems all right to me. ☺
The Hero bit is new but I have my Toadfishguardianship. Have not tried any mod powers though but I certainly seem to have full access to the forum. 🐙
"Kafka was a social realist" -Lindorm out of context

"You think education is expensive, try ignorance" -Anonymous

Griffin

I've been getting errors by email. The latest type is the server thinking the system does not exist, sort of, when it clearly does. There has also been an automatic update (notified after event by email) which appears to have worked. That has surprised me! Still on the case, not forgotten, more like way down the To Do list.
Psychic Hotline Host
One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Aggie

It all seems to be chugging along, so you must have it under control.  Thanks for keeping us going!

Oh, by the way... https://imgur.com/ appears to be the new Photobucket for quick photo uploads.
WWDDD?

Griffin

That's interesting except it looks like it might be a dodgy site to me, but then I am old and not versed in what current youths get up to.

I know people who are using Flickr and others who use a tinyurl one.

Sad to have lost so many pictures.
Psychic Hotline Host

Aggie

I think it's dodgy in terms of the memes involved, but that may say more about the ease of use than anything else.  They are prone to post your stuff publicly if you let them (not mandatory) which I think is the point in our Look At Me! sharing society.  I don't like opening accounts for this sort of thing; it seems like everyone wants you to sign in for everything these days.
WWDDD?

Griffin

I am quite good with logins, I remember passwords, even from years ago. It is very odd because I can't remember common words any more, and I can't work out simple sums. Probably because I have so many passwords blocking up my brain.

This is to report that I have just applied a patch to the forum (now v.2..0.15 SMF) which seems to be about logins and security.

It seems good to me but let me know if it causes any problems.
Psychic Hotline Host

Bluenose2

Sorry if this is a bit off topic, but the captcha thing when posting and messaging is new, is this permanent or only for accounts below a certain number of posts?  It's an issue for me whiule using this temporary account because I can only make out the letters on maybe one in five of the images

Swatopluk

I haven't seen a captcha in ages here but I am on permanent login too.
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

Bluenose2

Hmm.  OK, well hopefully I'll get my main account sorted out eventually then maybe it win't be an issue!   :D

Griffin

Blue, the answer is I have no idea re captcha. and why it would ask you for posts. I don't get it.

I notice your post count is 24 - which seems quite a high count for security to bother with you.

I didn't change anything to do with this kind of thing. It was all just migrated.

I still have to sort out your old login.

I'll check settings, but remind me if I forget.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I still have bugs to sort out and smilies etc, but I've been exceedingly unwell and now I am trying to move somewhere there is easy access for my wheelchair. All my "resources" are going on moving. Once I have moved - I'll have plenty of time to sort out the remaining bugs etc. so it will get done.

At present my flat is not selling and the place I want to move to won't let me offer on it until I have a buyer. Nothing, absolutely nothing is selling here in this little corner of London, prices plummeting but still not selling, all due to Brexit. I HATE BREXIT. I'm losing equity daily. IDIOTS. It was supposed to be my pension.

I really want out of here (my flat) and not sure how. However I am not idle as I need to whittle my possessions by at least a half, including some furniture. Anywhere I move to will be smaller. So I have a professional declutterer helping me,well basically doing it, with me going keep, don't keep. She is highly efficient and uses different coloured bags for different disposal methods. She takes it all away. Every time it feels like a weight lifted off me. It is expensive but I couldn't do it myself. Even so, I am exhausted after a session. I did manage to dispose of all papers needing shredding and all old computers and discs to a shredding company by myself! (but it took me 4 years!!).

I'll be back soon with the next update.
Psychic Hotline Host

Bluenose2

Thanks Griff.  The security thing went away after I'd made a number of posts (I forget how many)

I'd be most grateful If you do manage to get my old account back on air, but this account works OK for now, so no rush.

Griffin

I have added a Privacy Policy for the GDPR legislation in the UK. Note at present our server is in the UK. This is an International Forum so note that the Privacy Policy only applies to the UK. It covers your data on our server, but you should check legislation in your own countries. Because this is a recreational forum and not a business or organisation, we do not actually have to register for GDPR, as far as I can tell, with the ICO and have not done so.

The link to the Privacy Policy is at the foot of the page. Registered users should contact me if they do not agree to it so they can be opted out. New users will be required to opt in during registration.

We trust you now feel a lot safer using all your weird and wonderful names and that your email addresses will not be sent to the four corners of the world.

If you wish to you can post below saying you agree to the Privacy Policy.
Psychic Hotline Host