News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Did you know that...

Started by Swatopluk, July 07, 2010, 09:22:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swatopluk

Did you know that an archer stuntman got so angry at Cecil B. DeMille at the set of "The Crusades" for shouting at them with a megaphone that he sent an arrow right through it, mere inches from DeMille's face? DeMille is reported to have never shouted at the stuntmen again (at least not during this production).
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

Swatopluk

Did you know that Teddy Roosevelt once delivered a 90-minute speech after being shot in the chest (the bullet went through his notes for the speech) prior to being taken to the hospital. He began the speech by saying, "Some of you may not be aware that I have just been shot..." ?

The Meromorph

Dances with Motorcycles.

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Griffin NoName

Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Swatopluk

Did you know that on occasion of a visit by Her Majesty the Queen in Germany the Duisburg main railway station temporarily renumbered track 13 as track 12a because Elizabeth II. is superstitious? (would it not have been simpler for her to arrive on track 10 instead?)

Pachyderm

Used condoms were recycled into hair bands in Southern China. They sold quite well, although several physicians voiced concerns about potential hygiene problems.
Imus ad magum Ozi videndum, magum Ozi mirum mirissimum....

Swatopluk

Did you know that, when contraceptives could not be legally imported to Ireland except for personal use, a man managed to get past customs with 10000+ condoms using said loophole? (shelf life of unused condoms at the time: about 3 years).

Griffin NoName

Did you know that if you shaved and dressed up a neanderthal they would be indistinguishable from homo sapiens on a bus?

Did you know if you sold all parts of the human body (incl. skin, meat etc) you'd make just over £400,000.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Lindorm

Interesting evaluation of the human body, especially considering that I have seen some risk analysis work where a single human life was valued below that.
Der Eisenbahner lebt von seinem kärglichen Gehalt sowie von der durch nichts zu erschütternden Überzeugung, daß es ohne ihn im Betriebe nicht gehe.
K.Tucholsky (1930)

Swatopluk

Well, according to the Pentagon the life of an Afghan civilian is worth 400$ [/sarcasm]

Swatopluk

Did you know that Iceland follows the same policy for horses that Japan did for people before the forced opening?
(i.e. once out never again in and none in in general)

Swatopluk

Did you know that the last Confederate Civil War widow died in 2004, the result of a rather extreme May December marriage. The last Union widow died just the year before.

Sibling DavidH

Did you know that the first important battle (arguably) and the very last battle of our civil war were both fought just down the road from me, at Worcester?

(Powick Bridge, 23 September 1642 and Worcester, 3 September 1651.)

Swatopluk

Did you know that during the Cold War there were serious proposals to physically move West Berlin to the Lüneburg Heath?
Less pleasant were (repeated) Bavarian demands to sell West Berlin to the Soviets for a profit because West Germany subsidized West Berlin with money gained from a 2-penny surcharge on postage stamps (10%). Well, Bavaria is our GOPland.