News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Leave a Man's Dog Alone

Started by Aphos, January 06, 2010, 07:48:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aphos

Crap.  Just had an unpleasant experience.

Missy-dog first belonged to my neighbor's wife.  When Missy was about 3 mo old, my neighbor was going to dump Missy at the pound...she chewed on stuff.  Anyway, I took Missy.  That was almost 6 years ago.

My neighbor's wife still has this attitude that Missy is her dog and just lives at my house.  She also thinks that it has been way too cold for Missy to stay outside.  (Missy's fur is not quite chow thick, but is fairly close.  Thick outer coat with a very thick woolly inner coat.)

Anyway, my neighbor's wife took Missy this morning and wasn't going to give her back because I was abusing her by putting her outside.  Had to call the police.  Unpleasant as I say.
--The topologist formerly known as Poincare's Stepchild--

Griffin NoName

Sorry it was unpleasant.

Lucky Missy is a dog and not an ass.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

I hate those gray areas, specially when emotions get in the way of rationality, although I have to say -retrospectively- that when I have found my self in (relatively) similar situations that the other part may have had some reason. It's hard to see rational arguments when those are dressed in heavy emotions.

Hopefully the impasse was solved in a not too nasty way.  :-\
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

Sucks. 

But, the old saying, 'A good fence makes for good neighbors' is still true.

Put a lock on your gate, so she can't get at your dog without serious breakage.  Then, if she breaks the lock, that's breaking and entering, an actionable offense (if you like).

I really like my neighbors, but I keep my gates locked-- not against them, but against non-neighbors wandering about.  Of course.

:)
Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

Aphos

Well, what happened with Missy Tuesday may be explained.

I finally got to talk with my neighbor this morning.  He said his wife was telling him all sorts of delusional things Tuesday afternoon.  She is in the hospital now.

In a way, I am glad, since this explains things that otherwise had me completely baffled.

Hopefully, all is smoothed out and things can get back to normal.

Well, at least she's gone in for professional help.

Hopefully she'll get some professional counseling as well.

Griffin NoName

Poor lady. Poor husband. Poor Missy. Poor you.

Delusional is horrid. Scary for the person who has them.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Aphos

Not sure what the cause is.  She has some serious health problems and is on some serious medication.  Quite possible this is a side effect of the meds.

Aggie

:candle: for her.  :-[

Years ago our neighbour (very young girl) kidnapped our cat for a short period of time and locked it (her) in her bedroom closet.  When her mother heard the meowing and discovered the cat, she explained the situation as follows:

"I've invited Miss Bailey for tea" 

:cup: :giggle:
WWDDD?

Aphos

Well, my neighbor's wife doesn't seem to be doing any better.  Doesn't look now like it was her medication, but something else.  Possibly permanent.

Quote from: Aphos on January 11, 2010, 01:05:49 AM
Well, my neighbor's wife doesn't seem to be doing any better.  Doesn't look now like it was her medication, but something else.  Possibly permanent.

Oooh, that's unfortunate.

:tlite:

Griffin NoName

Perhaps they will be able to find some medication to help this new problem. Or at least to stop her fixating on dogs.
Psychic Hotline Host