News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Burqa time

Started by Sibling Zono (anon1mat0), July 16, 2009, 01:25:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Shhh... she might be reading. ;D
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Opsa

Burqas of a sort are worn everywhere, even in more "enlightened" areas of the world.

I wear overalls when I want to let my figure be nebulous. I feel much less self-conscious about my frontage when I'm wearing them.

A dress suit is another form of burqua. Covers the details.

These are self-enforced burquas, but definitely cover-ups to camouflage the physical differences between the genders. Sad, but true.

Aggie

Quote from: Sibling Zono (anon1mat0) on August 10, 2009, 03:47:52 PM
Shhh... she might be reading. ;D

Put me down for male domination then, I ban miniskirts at -25 C and high heels for walks over 5 km. ;)
WWDDD?

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Nonono, you don't ban her clothing, you chauvinist pig! You ban her complaints about the cold or how uncomfortable the walk is.
:devil2: :devil2: :devil2:
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Aggie

WWDDD?

Opsa

Yeah, but the point I was trying to make is that we choose to wear things that are ugly and cover us up when we want to feel equal. We show cleavage, wear minis and high heels when we are comfortable enough to want to feel superior!

:irony:

Unfortunately, there's always the threat of some slob feeling inferior when we do this, and he'll be the one making rude sucky noises, which will make us want to run back and climb into our safe, shapeless burquas.

I would like to take this time to thank all you gentlemen in the world for treating us like ladies, even when we're dressed like tramps. We love you guys the most!

Scriblerus the Philosophe

Quote from: Opsanus tau on August 10, 2009, 05:51:18 PM
A dress suit is another form of burqua. Covers the details.
Covering the details doesn't make it a burqua...unless they're like Hillary Clinton's dress suits. A good dress suit is as sexy as a Little Black Dress on the right woman in the right suit (imo).
I think it's also part of how you feel wearing it. If you're a bit prim or feel like you're hiding something about it, I suppose it can be burqua-y. On the other hand, behaving like they owe you respect (I don't mean in a snotty-jerk kind of way) would change their behavior. People react to the way you act. If a girl acts like a slut and she'll be treated as such. If a girl acts like they owe her basic respect and she'll usually get it. The ones that don't give that to her, she then has permission to verbally skewer.

Quote from: Opsanus tau on August 11, 2009, 02:58:49 PM
I would like to take this time to thank all you gentlemen in the world for treating us like ladies, even when we're dressed like tramps. We love you guys the most!
This. :)
"Whoever had created humanity had left in a major design flaw. It was its tendency to bend at the knees." --Terry Pratchett, Feet of Clay

Bluenose

I've been thinking about this thread for a little while and I have mixed feelings.

First I think that any person should be able to wear (or indeed not wear) whatever they choose without feeling threatened by others around them or in fact actually being threatened.  I know that whilst I might for example exhibit surprise at someone walking down the street stark bollicky naked I hope I would not act in any way that would feel threatening to the individual concerned.  If someone is comfortable in their birthday suit then why should I be uncomfortable?  (Of course we are assuming here that the person is not acting in a lewd manner - and no, I do not consider nudity of itself to be lewd.)  Of course given the society that we live in and the mind set of many members, I understand why although I might consider this an ideal (not that people should go around undressed, but that they should be free to do so if they so choose), I recognise that it is not practical, given the likely reaction of most people.

However, given the above, surely all the more so then should prevail for less confronting forms of attire including burqas - why should it matter what someone else is wearing?  I don't really care what someone else is wearing, that's their business, not mine.

On the other hand, I do have a problem with people wearing items of clothing or other things, such as motor cycle helmets, that conceal the person's identity in non open space public areas, such as shops, service  stations and so on.  This is just a matter of public safety and like other areas where we accept an infringement on our personal liberty for the common good, for example not being free to yell "fire" in a cinema auditorium, this is one of those situations where I think it appropriate that we insist that such items not be worn.  Note, this has nothing to do with religious issues, it is as I said a matter of public safety. 

---

BTW, I personally have no desire to run around starkers - not least because I do not wish to scare the natives!  :D
Myers Briggs personality type: ENTP -  "Inventor". Enthusiastic interest in everything and always sensitive to possibilities. Non-conformist and innovative. 3.2% of the total population.

Opsa

Egads, what a brilliant idea: burqua robberies! Of course, it wouldn't work in the States, as we are too Gooberesque to not stare at people in burquas, but wouldn't it be ab fab if some Iraquian feministas got together and decided to rob banks in burquas? Just to make a point about them?

It'd be a helluva story.

Swatopluk

And it's easy to hide bullet-proof vests and weapons under it.
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

Aggie

Quote from: Opsanus tau on August 13, 2009, 05:14:28 PM
Egads, what a brilliant idea: burqua robberies! Of course, it wouldn't work in the States, as we are too Gooberesque to not stare at people in burquas, but wouldn't it be ab fab if some Iraquian feministas got together and decided to rob banks in burquas? Just to make a point about them?

It'd be a helluva story.

LOL, it'd work up here; Canadians would politely avoid staring so there'd be few witnesses.

(as previously stated, I haven't seen burqas around town, but have seen full veiling of everything besides the eyes on several occasions).
WWDDD?

Griffin NoName

Quote from: Agujjim on August 14, 2009, 06:07:10 AM
(as previously stated, I haven't seen burqas around town, but have seen full veiling of everything besides the eyes on several occasions).

Why don't they wear dark sunglasses?  Eyes can be very flirtatious and sexual, apart from being windows on the soul.

.....seriously.......why leave the eyes visible?
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand