News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

The Sibling Below Me...

Started by DaveL, October 03, 2006, 11:59:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

I have, in the past, been known to eat steak (beef) quite rare, as in "Fire--Steak. Steak--Fire. Done."

Lately what with all the crap they feed cows these days, and with the absolute gutting of the federal meat inspection system (THANKS!, Reagon! you unmigitaget horse'sass) I take it medium rare.

I used to cook with a really, REALLY hot fire-- put the meat on long enough to sear each side (minute or less per side) and that was that.   *sigh* 

The sibling below me finds outdoor cooking barbaric, and assumes that is where the term "bar-b-q" comes from....
Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

Griffin NoName

It's a guy's tihng really. Both. Ever heard of a barbaric woman. No. So yes, I do.

TsBM does three-toe races round their kitchen to keep fit.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Aphos

Only if being chases by armed-and-dangerous home invaders.

The sibling below me would rather fight Space Invaders(tm) than home invaders.
--The topologist formerly known as Poincare's Stepchild--

Aggie

Hell yeah....  I used to play a bootleg version on the 286 all the time (and several other versions besides).

Quote from: Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith on February 23, 2008, 12:53:13 AM
I have, in the past, been known to eat steak (beef) quite rare, as in "Fire--Steak. Steak--Fire. Done."

Lately what with all the crap they feed cows these days, and with the absolute gutting of the federal meat inspection system (THANKS!, Reagon! you unmigitaget horse'sass) I take it medium rare.

I used to cook with a really, REALLY hot fire-- put the meat on long enough to sear each side (minute or less per side) and that was that.   *sigh* 

Agreed. I absolutely refuse to buy pre-ground beef anymore - I buy whole cuts on sale and hand-grind my own.  I really want to take up hunting again to get some meat that hasn't been commercially tainted - organic beef is so expensive. 

The sibling below me grows their own.
WWDDD?

Sibling Chatty

I used to, but it wasn't beef... :o :mrgreen: And WILL grow my own pork and chicken, if needed. (Collapse of global economy is not out of the question, you know.) Need more room to grow cows. (Flowerbeds are planned for the few veggies I can digest.)

TSBM is wondering about growing a tofu tree.
This sig area under construction.

I am trying to decide what to replace the backyard tree (ice damage took it) with.

A Tofu tree would be totally cool.

I'll probabily go with some sort of Oak.  They grow 'round these parts quite well, and once established, need little or no care other that what is provided naturally.

I'll be moving the tree-location nearer the house, of course, away from the power lines. 

The sibling below me likes trees.

Aggie

Yes, yes YES!  I am dying out in these flatlands for lack of forests (and yes I've literally hugged trees).

The sibling below me takes in stray plants.
WWDDD?

Aphos

Oh, of course.  They are so cute and adorable.

The sibling below me is a big fan of chocolate moose.
--The topologist formerly known as Poincare's Stepchild--

beagle

and chickee in der basket (and other Muppet classic recipes).

TSBM once worked with Beaker.
The angels have the phone box

I did, but unfortunately, he ate some ice cream,  just after McDonald's Coffee.   

Alas, Beaker is a Broken Man nowadays...

The sibling below me prefers Kermit anyway

Pachyderm

He's much tastier on toast.

TSBM knows Pepe Le Phew
Imus ad magum Ozi videndum, magum Ozi mirum mirissimum....

The Meromorph

He's masquerading as Lexie, our Chocolate Lab, who once cleared out an entire vet's office for 10 minutes when she farted.

The dibling below me doesn't think that's all that impressive.
Dances with Motorcycles.

pieces o nine

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you: my brother's old dog, an 85lb (not a typo) food-snatching, not-a-mean-bone-in-her-body Doberman. After an ear infection she had to wear a collar. She got even, though. She always got real close to their ears in the car on the way for vet checkups and BARKED through her megaphone.

The sibling below me has never had to wear a 'collar'.
"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"
--Marquise de Sevigne, February 11, 1677

You're correct.  I once dated a gal, who I later found out was into that sort of thing.  We broke up shortly after that...  (and no, I'm NOT going to say who was supposed to wear the collar... ::) )

The sibling below me prefers their pets to live underwater.

Pachyderm

Yes, I feel it's important for pets to live underwater. Pity my pets aren't aquatic. I did try keeping fish, but the soil kept clogging up their gills.

TSBM will now recoil in horror.
Imus ad magum Ozi videndum, magum Ozi mirum mirissimum....