News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Simple Jokes Thread

Started by The Meromorph, November 19, 2006, 05:09:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sibling DavidH

Yup.

Quote from: WikiAldershot is known for its connection with the British Army. This led to rapid growth from a small village to a Victorian town. Today, Aldershot is known as the "Home of the British Army".

I've shot there on the Guards Depot range.

Griffin NoName

mmmm so Dalai Lama would defo. want to go there LoL
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

pieces o nine

HH, tDL has appeared in Wisconsin more than once. The last time I would have been able to hear him, I decided to take [mild] umbrage at the instructions for attendee garb. Apparently HH, tDL "likes bright colors" but cannot be approached by women with bare arms. I hadn't planned to wantonly flaunt my arms, but I found myself musing that bare arms on men (not to mention monks!) are, apparently, a-ok. But not on women, because mumble mumble mumble mumble mumble mumble mumble mumble mumble ...

I concede that it's petty, but I just cannot bring myself to travel to hear *any* aging male cleric speak, who must be protected from the wimmins.

:(
"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"
--Marquise de Sevigne, February 11, 1677

Griffin NoName

Quote from: pieces o nine on April 28, 2012, 02:57:26 AM
Apparently HH, tDL "likes bright colors" but cannot be approached by women with bare arms.

That's ridiculous. I thought he was above worldly things.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Swatopluk

The question is, whether it is him having problems with that or it is a custom he respects (or has to respect).
This isn't the age anymore where super-holy men travelled with droves of scantily clad women to demonstrate the power of their chastity (the success easily read off their indicator rods ;)).
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

Roland Deschain

Quote from: Swatopluk on April 28, 2012, 09:31:44 AM
The question is, whether it is him having problems with that or it is a custom he respects (or has to respect).
This isn't the age anymore where super-holy men travelled with droves of scantily clad women to demonstrate the power of their chastity (the success easily read off their indicator rods ;)).
:giggle: *cough* No comment (other than this one). I'll look into when it's occurring, and let you know, Griffin. My granddad was stationed there at some point after WWII.

I like Mary Beard, and had no idea there was a storm going on about her. Who cares if she's a lesbian. I can't see that making a single jot of difference to her presenting, and changes nothing about how I think of her. She doesn't appear to overly favour women, or make men out to be all bad. She tells the story, warts and all, which is the way I like it.
"I love cheese" - Buffy Summers

Griffin NoName

Quote from: Roland Deschain on May 06, 2012, 11:51:17 AM
........ Who cares if she's a lesbian.

I don't think anyone has presented any evidence either way except she wears sandals...... it's hard to tell if it is just mysogenist rubbish at clever women as there are quite a few female academic TV personalities right now who don't seem to be attacked in the same way. I've no idea why she irritates me so much, but it's certainly not anything to do with sexual orientation ;)
Psychic Hotline Host

Griffin NoName

A sweet grandmother telephoned St. Joseph 's Hospital. She timidly asked, "Is it possible to speak to someone who can tell me how a patient is doing?"

The operator said, "I'll be glad to help, dear.
What's the name and room number of the patient?"

The grandmother in her weak, tremulous voice said, "Norma Findlay, Room 302."

The operator replied, "Let me put you on hold while I check with the nurse's station for that room."

After a few minutes, the operator returned to the phone and said,

"I have good news. Her nurse just told me that Norma is doing well. Her blood pressure is fine; her blood work just came back normal, and her physician, Dr. Cohen, has scheduled her to be discharged tomorrow."

The grandmother said,"Thank you. That's wonderful. I was so worried.
God bless you for the good news."

The operator replied "You're more than welcome. Is Norma your daughter?"

The grandmother said,"No, I'm Norma Findlay in Room 302.
No one tells me shit."
Psychic Hotline Host

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

Aggie

WWDDD?

Sibling DavidH

Roland Deschain

"I love cheese" - Buffy Summers

Griffin NoName

I think Sibling Chatty would have enjoyed that joke :cry:
Psychic Hotline Host

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

Quote from: Griffin NoName on May 23, 2012, 05:47:57 PM

Oh, I heartedly agree.  :'(
Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

Darlica

Quote from: Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith on May 25, 2012, 11:52:13 PM
Quote from: Griffin NoName on May 23, 2012, 05:47:57 PM

Oh, I heartedly agree.  :'(

I think is sounds like something Chatty could have done...  8)
Still missing her... :'(
"Kafka was a social realist" -Lindorm out of context

"You think education is expensive, try ignorance" -Anonymous