News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

'Leather & Steele'

Started by pieces o nine, March 30, 2010, 02:32:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pieces o nine

The headline story(ies) on HuffPo today center on the newest escapades from the Family Values Party. It will be very interesting -- if not existentially painful -- to watch the spin put on the midterm Congressional elections this fall in order to convince political conservatives that voting for God's Own Party is still the only way to go.

If I know some of my relatives, it will be a very soft sell.   :P
"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"
--Marquise de Sevigne, February 11, 1677

Scriblerus the Philosophe

I'm pretty sure I'm going to spend a lot of time laughing at this. I kind of can't wait until tomorrow, when the Talking Heads get a chance to talk about it. ;D
"Whoever had created humanity had left in a major design flaw. It was its tendency to bend at the knees." --Terry Pratchett, Feet of Clay

Swatopluk

It's obviously the fault of the liberals with their gay agenda. If the country was run by the proper men, there would ne no such sinful establishments (at least not officially) where the proper men could embarass themselves by getting caught blowing* their (actually other people's) money.

*and maybe caught getting blowed also
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

GOPhers being hypocritic? Never!

But if you recall Mr. Foley and Mr Craig and Mr Sanford it has never been an obstacle. I remember a particular self proclaimed conservative in omnia who decried a number of liberal policies but at the same time wanted to keep the subsidies that benefited her.

It has never been about consistency but whomever gives ME more and the rest be damned*.

*actually that can apply to the other side too, the majority of people wants "the rich" to be taxed as long as it doesn't include ME. Not surprisingly the rich don't want to be taxed but everybody else.
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.