News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Started by Griffin NoName, April 02, 2009, 07:39:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Griffin NoName

Just watched Obama's press conference wrapping up g20.

I did drift off a couple of times but now I am just waiting for my share of the 1.1 trillion $. 

Who is going to print this money?

<MB>Sorry, I had to shrink your capital! :mrgreen:</MB>
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Your share? My share?
:ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:

Some filthy banker's share, you mean.
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Griffin NoName

MB, you shrank my capital !  I've been making quite a good job shrinking my capital all by myself ;) ;) ;)
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

goat starer

sorry dudes but i have your shares!

did i miss anything?
----------------------------------

Best regards

Comrade Goatvara
:goatflag:

"And the Goat shall bear upon him all their iniquities unto a Land not inhabited"

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Goat! Man, good to see you!
---
I hope your robinhoodesque endeavors make the rich pay and the poor benefit, because so far it doesn't look like it.

stellinacadente

As far as i can remember, my share as an American tax payer who just bailed out the managers who got us in this mess is a stinking 800 in tax credits in my paycheck (which I again do not have... thanks company's lay offs)...

I started to spread the word: if you have a little money, buy land and learn to farm... times are getting there...

oh since you are it, get fit too...I don't see cars on the streets much longer...

But the real American Apocalypse won't happen until all the fast food joints are out of business... :D
"Pressure... changes everything pressure. Some people you squeeze them, they focus... others fall..."

Al Pacino, The Devil's Advocate

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Quote from: stellinacadente on April 03, 2009, 03:26:14 AM
if you have a little money, buy land and learn to farm...
...the taxes on the land would get you.

Note that I'm not an antitax zealot, but if you have no monetary income sooner or later you'll be homeless.

Or perhaps I'm wrong and there are exemptions for subsistence farming... (yeah, right  ::))

Aggie

Quote from: Sibling Zono (anon1mat0) on April 02, 2009, 08:22:08 PM
Your share? My share?
:ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:

Some filthy banker's share, you mean.

I'ma getting my share....  they can only prop bank shares up so long, then SKF goes up to $150 again. :devil2:

Mind you, I did make $644 US coming up out of the last bottom on UYG - but it's soooo much more fun to bet against that wunch of bankers.   
:mua:
WWDDD?

Kaliayev

"Hello, I am Dominique Strauss-Kahn.  You may know me as Director of the IMF.  I have a business proposition for you.  This transaction is 100% safe.  My organization has had crisis that has caused the need for large transfer of funds of $1.1 trillion. If you would assist me in this transfer, it would be most profitable to you.

I am working with Mr. Gordon Brown, a great financial expert. You may know him as the leader of the UK, and previous Chancellor through the past decade. This transaction is 100% safe.

This is a matter of great urgency. We need a blank check. We need the funds as quickly as possible. We cannot directly transfer these funds in the names of our close friends because we are constantly under surveillance. My family solicitor advised me that I should look for a reliable and trustworthy person who will act as a next of kin so the funds can be transferred.

Please reply with all of your bank account, building society account numbers and those of your children and grandchildren to massivefuckingbailout@imf.org so that we may transfer your commission for this transaction. After I receive that information, I will respond with detailed information about safeguards that will be used to protect the funds.

Yours Faithfully

Dominique" 

I think we can all see where this is going.

Europe got shafted on the regulation proposals, and Obama couldn't even wait 48 hours before assuring Goldman Sachs and Citigroup he didn't mean those nasty words he said in London and really did love them, and to prove it he'd use the Treasury and Fed's new powers to by-route Congressional funding for their bailouts.  And if Obama keeps bailing out the banks without fixing the problems that make bailing them out so bloody necessary every few weeks, it wont matter what China or the EU does, because we'll be fucked as well.

The IMF proposal has hooks of its own.  "Structural reform" is another word for "monopolies made under the guise of economic liberalization" and if you don't agree to the reforms, then Sugar-Daddy Domonique wont open his wallet for you.

So yeah.  Nice job breaking the world economy, G20.
The CIA is looking for you.
The KGB is smarter than you think.
Brainwash mentalities to control the system.
Using TV and movies - religions of course.
Yes, the world is headed for destruction.
Is it a nuclear war?
What are you asking for?

Scriblerus the Philosophe

:high5: Excellent, KV! Truly excellent!

But are we surprised? Those groups backed him and I don't think he's interested in being a lame duck four months into his first term. I mean, a helluva lot would actually get done (or more than would otherwise get done) if he was ok with that but it's not going to happen.
"Whoever had created humanity had left in a major design flaw. It was its tendency to bend at the knees." --Terry Pratchett, Feet of Clay

Kaliayev

Yeah, I know AIG certainly backed Obama's campaign pretty heavily, and I wouldn't be surprise to see Merrill Lynch and the rest of the gang in the mix as well. 

I just wish Obama was a little more...Machiavellian.  I know I couldn't stand having to kowtow to those idiots all day long, and the first thing I'd do in office would be to find a way to make them hurt.  Rule one of effective leadership - knife everyone who helped you to the top and who isn't dependent on you in the back.  Repeatedly, if necessary.  They'll only treat you as their tool otherwise.

Popular opinion should have hung these guys, politically.  In the UK, the only people trusted less than the bankers are politicians themselves, it would be a massive boost to go a little populist on them.  But, no.  Our leaders, so utterly ruthless in dealing with brown people, foreigners and the poor ie people without the wherewithal to fight back, are completely spineless when it comes to the banking industry and international finance.

Its almost enough to drive a man to Marxist class warfare analysis.
Is it a nuclear war?
What are you asking for?

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

But aren't the basic premises of class warfare right, though? We do have a group of people who are likelier to study in certain universities, to own and/or administer a number of industries, and make careers and/or fund politics? Even if those administering the private sector or those in politics don't come from the same group of individuals (/families/'class') by the time they reach those positions they already are in the top crop. There is no need of conspiracies to imagine the same group of people trying to do thing that would benefit them directly and take advantage of their position, nor would it be outworldly to believe that those who had been so lavishly funded will bite the hands of those that feed them.

Ironically the shortsightedness of those in such positions end up hurting them (and all of us in the process as it's the case now), because IMO a more commonsensical approach should not only benefit them but the rest of us.

Kaliayev

Oh, I accept the actuality of class warfare, just not the centrality of it.  Nor its apparent cohesiveness.  Other stuff seems to be going on, as well.
Is it a nuclear war?
What are you asking for?

Aggie

Propaghandi lyrics for y'all, seemed appropriate: :mrgreen:

"Publicly subsidized! Privately profitable!"
That's the anthem of the upper-tier (the puppeteer untouchable).
We focus a moment, nod in approval and bury our head back in the bar-codes of these neo-colonials
while our former nemesis (ah, the romance!): the nation-state,
now plays fund-raiser for a new brand of power-concentrate.
Try again, but now we're confused- what is "class-war"? Is this class war? Yes, this is class war.
And I'm just a kid- I can't believe that I gotta worry about this kind of shit! What a stupid world!
Yeah, this is just beautiful... absolutely no regard for principle. What a stupid world.
(We're): 1) born 2) hired 3) disposed! Where that job lands, everybody knows
and you can tell by the smile on the CEO's that the environmental restraints are about to go.
You can bet that laws will be set to ensure the benefit of unrestricted labor-laws
(all kept in place by displaced government death squads).
They own us.
They produce us.
They consume us.
Can you fucking believe this?
What a stupid world.
Fuck this bullshit display of class-loyalties.
The media and "our" leaders wrap it all up in a flag- their fucking shit-rag. hooray!
WWDDD?

Kaliayev

I could do with more of their stuff.  I was introduced to them via a friend, but have only heard Haille Sellasse, Up Your Ass.

Time to hit the pefectly legal music download sites, I think...
Is it a nuclear war?
What are you asking for?