News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Before We Get Too Excited...

Started by Scriblerus the Philosophe, November 07, 2008, 04:44:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

Quote from: Sibling Zono (anon1mat0) on November 09, 2008, 09:49:13 PM
Quote from: Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith on November 09, 2008, 08:53:03 PM
For Bushya and Cheney, give'em each a HUMVEE and a machine gun...... that ought to be more than enough for men of THEIR self-importance to set things right. ::)
Nonononono! They'll shoot indiscriminately! Remember that dubya has wrecked every single enterprise he has touched over the years, from oil companies and baseball teams, to the country itself. They'd be killing civilians and claiming they were victims of angry glances, and had no choice but kill them all.

Bring back a Napoleonic punishment and exile them to an island in the middle of the Pacific, but without any comforts whatsoever. That or a cell in isolation in a maximum security facility.

Actually, I kind of like that last one... :devil2: :devil2:

A humvee and a single gun.

In a country that is full of people who hate their guts.....

Think about how poor a shot Cheny is.

Make sure there's plenty of booze in the humvee's too... and Bushy will be a poor shot, too.

Neither would last an hour.  We'd be lucky to find bits of their rotten corpses...
Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

Pachyderm

Why bother losing a perfectly good gun and a Humvee?  ???

Read somewhere, I think it was Papillon, where a man was tied down over a carnivorous ant colony.Always struck me as a particularly unpleasant way to go.

Plus, it feeds the ants...

Imus ad magum Ozi videndum, magum Ozi mirum mirissimum....

Quote from: Pachyderm on November 10, 2008, 05:13:11 AM

Read somewhere, I think it was Papillon, where a man was tied down over a carnivorous ant colony.Always struck me as a particularly unpleasant way to go.

:ROFL:

pieces o nine

Quote from: Pachyderm on November 10, 2008, 05:13:11 AM

IIRC, the character of "Gomer Pyle" had a few hokey yokelisms, one of them being:  "Tie me to an anthill and smear my ears with jam!"

Sounds worth testing with the Yokel-in-Chief, no?
"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"
--Marquise de Sevigne, February 11, 1677

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Quote from: Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith on November 10, 2008, 04:35:10 AM
I don't know if he is a good shot or not but I wouldn't assume his capabilities on the incident with his 'friend', in fact I would be willing to bet that he shot him in the face on purpose.
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Swatopluk

A good shot does not need a shotgun to hit anything  :mrgreen:
(I'll take that back, when somebody kills a swarm of mosquitos with a single shotgun blast)
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

Sibling Chatty

Quote from: Sibling Zono (anon1mat0) on November 10, 2008, 10:24:16 PM
Quote from: Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith on November 10, 2008, 04:35:10 AM
I don't know if he is a good shot or not but I wouldn't assume his capabilities on the incident with his 'friend', in fact I would be willing to bet that he shot him in the face on purpose.

Cheney was drunk. Plain and simple, the quail outings to that part of Texas have always been drunken shows of stupidity. One of my cousins down in that area is a caterer, and she'd dealt with them for years. Cheney gets drunk and stupid.

That's why they had to wait before calling an ambulance or the cops. Time to sober the stupid jackass up so that they didn't have to explain his blood level of alcohol, or the fact that he was (as usual) drunkenly cussing every being that crossed his path.
This sig area under construction.

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

I don't doubt about his blood alcohol level. What I'm suggesting is that it was intentional and the fact of him being drunk makes it far more plausible.
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Scriblerus the Philosophe

I bet he's a spiteful bastard drunk or sober. Maybe they guy he popped said something that pissed his drunk self off.

And I vote we throw those two and their toadies in Afghanistan. It's messier, as I understand it, than Iraq and less stable. All they get is a shot gun, a parka, and some of those terrible army provisions. I expect that's the last we'll hear of them.
"Whoever had created humanity had left in a major design flaw. It was its tendency to bend at the knees." --Terry Pratchett, Feet of Clay

Quote from: Sibling Chatty on November 11, 2008, 11:50:46 AM
... Cheney gets drunk and stupid.

Is that not an example of a redundant statement?

In fact:  it's a sort of triple-redundancy.  Cheny.  Drunk.  Stupid.

Is it not?

Quote from: Scriblerus the Philosophe on November 16, 2008, 08:14:00 PM
I bet he's a spiteful bastard drunk or sober. Maybe they guy he popped said something that pissed his drunk self off.

And I vote we throw those two and their toadies in Afghanistan. It's messier, as I understand it, than Iraq and less stable. All they get is a shot gun, a parka, and some of those terrible army provisions. I expect that's the last we'll hear of them.

I'd be infavor, if you emblazoned the parka with some symbol that told anyone who they were... in fact, put that symbol on all their clothing, even their underwear.

But, I'd only issue them a knife each, not a shotgun.  Well, perhaps a pistol with a single bullet each, in case they wanted to do the honorable thing.

pieces o nine

Quote from: Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith on November 16, 2008, 08:57:51 PM
Quote from: Sibling Chatty on November 11, 2008, 11:50:46 AM
... Cheney gets drunk and stupid.

Is that not an example of a redundant statement?

In fact:  it's a sort of triple-redundancy.  Cheny.  Drunk.  Stupid.

Is it not?
Is your question, sir, not phrased in the style of Keith Olbermann? 
;)
"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"
--Marquise de Sevigne, February 11, 1677