News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Pip Pip, Tally Ho - Talk Like a Land Lubber

Started by DaveL, March 07, 2008, 11:06:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Opsa

*Tittering from behind fan and fanning behind, er... whatevers.*

Well! I suppose you made a fool of that Adjutant in the end, eh Pachy?

pieces o nine

Quote from: Bluenose You are indeed a card, Lord Pachy of Dermis...
...and you should be dealt with!

One would post a "smiley" at this juncture, but despite a vast assortment, they all seem a little ... low brow, eh what?
"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"
--Marquise de Sevigne, February 11, 1677

Opsa

If only there was some way to have them, er, engraved or something.

pieces o nine

Tut tut, Lady Opsa. One thinks you have hit upon a capital idear, there! Could be a market for it, if only one knew someone in the merchant classes...
"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"

Opsa

I know someone who knows someone who runs some sort of thingy that directs the merchant classes. Shall we have our secretary give him a ring?

Bluenose

Oh, how absolutely spiffing, Lady Opsa!  One finds it terribly tiresome dealing with the lower classes, your solution is simply smashing!  I say, after all this hard thinking of physical work, one is simply exhausted  I feel in need of a Pimms.  Care to join me?
Myers Briggs personality type: ENTP -  "Inventor". Enthusiastic interest in everything and always sensitive to possibilities. Non-conformist and innovative. 3.2% of the total population.

Opsa

Oh dear me, yes! Darling idea. And I have the most adorable little petit goblets (depicting the ruling classes throughout the ages) from which we can sip it!

Pachyderm

One simply cannot beat a Pimm's. Shall Ai send the undergardener to tell the scullery maid to inform the cook that we shall be requireing cucumber sandwiches?
Imus ad magum Ozi videndum, magum Ozi mirum mirissimum....

Bluenose

Oh, I say!  What a champion idea, Lord Pachy old chum!
Myers Briggs personality type: ENTP -  "Inventor". Enthusiastic interest in everything and always sensitive to possibilities. Non-conformist and innovative. 3.2% of the total population.

Opsa

Ooo ooo ooo, and tell her we'll need some of those white chocolate petit fours with the gold leaf between the layers. My aristocratic lower digestive tracts so appreciate a periodic gilding.

No, no, no- send the horse back. I said gilding, not gelding. Honestly.

Bluenose

Well, of course Lady Opsa, no gelding would do for you now would it?  Haw Haw Haw!

Opsa

I should say not! We do have a duty to keep the lineage of quality and all that, don't we?

So, where are we taking our picnic, again?

pieces o nine

May one offer one's new "pic-a-nic" gardens?  The workmen have been installing gazebos and trellises and what-nots all about the place and one has heard that it is lovely at this time of year...

Opsa

That sounds exquisite, Lady Pieces. I can't tell you how much I appreciate your thoughtfulness in excusing us from having to use a public garden where who-knows-who have been putting their who-knows-whats who-knows-where. Why, the very thought of it makes me put a pale and trembling hand to my pursed lips in an universally recognized expression of  dismay.

Now we won't have to send a crew ahead to sanitize things for us. Good show!

Pachyderm

Ai sai, this is turning out to be a spiffing outing, what? The second undercook came up with a capital plan, just as we were getting ready to get ready to get ready. Ai mean, dammit, there Ai am, in a state of advanced deshabille,  undress bow tie undone, and the damn girl floors me by asking if Ai would like some tiffin packed fer this pic-a-nic affair! Taken aback, Ai was. Still, cracking good idea, anyway. Might have to promote her, if she carries on in this fashion. Ai'll let her off her thrashing this month, any way...
Imus ad magum Ozi videndum, magum Ozi mirum mirissimum....