News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

A Place of Nightmare.

Started by The Meromorph, November 03, 2006, 07:33:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

I have digital cable (courtesy of a roommate- cost is 1/2 ..) and the digital box has a hard-disk recorder inside.

And My Name is Earl is one of the ones I record each week.  I like it enough, that I watch the re-runs ... :)

The Slater one was good - I especially like the "stuff" the used to water-proof their walls ... ::)

Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

Swatopluk

:offtopic:
I am no lawyer but the Tranquility Bay thing should be sufficient for pretty long jail* terms (in Germany at least)for all involved (except the victims). Btw, How do they get handcuffed children out of country (I doubt they run their own extradition airline in rivalry to the CIA)?

* for among other things abduction, child abuse, usurping powers reserved for state authorities...
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

Sibling Chatty

Google Melvin (and Betty) Sembler or Straight Foundation, Inc.

Sembler was GWB's Ambassador to Italy, BTW.

If you don't feel sick to your stomach soon after reading about this, you're stronger than anyone I know.

And he's not through being an ass yet, either...
http://media.orkut.com/articles/0145.html

QuoteWashington Post awarded Sembler the "Narcissism Run Amok" award. He'd made history by convincing a friend of his in Congress to quietly insert a line into an appropriations bill, renaming an $83 million building 'The Mel Sembler Building.'

"We don't do that, do we?" George W. Bush reportedly told the congressman. "We don't name buildings for ambassadors where they have served."

"Mr. President," the Post quoted the congressman as saying, "I introduced the bill and you signed it."

Zany fun. It was a first - even Ben Franklin never arranged for something like this, and he was full of himself.

Unimpressed by the Mel Sembler Building, a tribute to a man who doesn't speak Italian, the Italians decided several days later to leave Iraq.

Why should you care about the STRAIGHT story? Because there's been a national debate over whether torture is worth it if it gets terrorists to reveal their secrets. Some worry we've opened Pandora's Box, inviting torture and ends-define-the-means abuse into the rest of the American way of life. But it's old news. Turns out that in some states we've been using it on teenagers for years.

OF course, you'll remember that i'm all hateful and mean about Republicans...Boo Frickin' Hoo.
This sig area under construction.

Swatopluk

Hm, Italy. I get some nasty fantasies about knee-cap shootings and hand-smashings (would be quite a handicap for a diplomat).
Honestly, breaking his every bone but keeping him alive sounds quite appealing. I doubt though that he will have to pay for it in reality (except a bit of money maybe, tax-deductible probably).
Aaaargh!
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.