News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

US Gov't Shutdown

Started by Opsa, April 07, 2011, 02:40:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swatopluk

19th century is so for soft wussies. The aim is for the period between the original constitution and the adoption by amendment of the Bill of Rights (as a compromise the 2nd will be kept). Magna Charta is foreign law and thus has no place in American halls of justice.
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

pieces o nine

I don't know... they're starting to have more in common with Constantine.

(One US-imposed Democracy; one GOP; one Church)
"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"
--Marquise de Sevigne, February 11, 1677

Scriblerus the Philosophe

At this point, it's totally par for the course and I think it's kind of funny.
"Whoever had created humanity had left in a major design flaw. It was its tendency to bend at the knees." --Terry Pratchett, Feet of Clay

Swatopluk

If you have  taste for dead baby comedy...

One thing that especially annoys me and that seems to be (at the moment) to be 99% on the right wing of the aisle is the extreme smugness. One hears them make speeches or give interviews and the look on their faces alone awakes in you the strong urge to hit them, preferably with a blunt and hard object. And then they open their mouthes and thoughts of post-natal birth control and familicide bubble up.

Opsa

Down boy, down... but I know what you mean.

The only nice thing about this is that we know they'll all be rinsed out in a future cycle.

Quote from: Swatopluk on April 16, 2011, 07:52:58 AM
If you have  taste for dead baby comedy...

One thing that especially annoys me and that seems to be (at the moment) to be 99% on the right wing of the aisle is the extreme smugness. One hears them make speeches or give interviews and the look on their faces alone awakes in you the strong urge to hit them, preferably with a blunt and hard object. And then they open their mouthes and thoughts of post-natal birth control and familicide bubble up.
Which I totally do, sorry.

Indeed such thoughts do. No one would miss them.

Quote from: Opsa on April 16, 2011, 03:25:06 PM
The only nice thing about this is that we know they'll all be rinsed out in a future cycle.
I don't think so. The Democrats have proven to be no better and the Repugs at least do something (even if that something is crapping on everyone on the social ladder who makes less than $100,00/year). I'd put money down on the Repugs taking the White House in the next election, but I may revise that once I get an idea of how my peers intend to vote, IF they vote.
"Whoever had created humanity had left in a major design flaw. It was its tendency to bend at the knees." --Terry Pratchett, Feet of Clay

Swatopluk

Nothing against dead baby comedy btw, provided it is well-made (or entertainingly trashy enough).

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

Quote from: Swatopluk on April 17, 2011, 08:34:20 AM
Nothing against dead baby comedy btw, provided it is well-made (or entertainingly trashy enough).

Similar to this?

Made from real Girl Scouts

Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

Swatopluk

:offtopic: I found tvtropes.org to be among the most addictive websites I ever encountered.

I have a theory. For every TVTropes tab you open, it will spawn six more.

/tangent