News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Would you like to legally murder an abortion provider?

Started by Swatopluk, February 16, 2011, 08:12:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Opsa

Lil' Irony says: "In the case of miscarriage, God is the abortionist. Why don't they kill God, if they feel so strongly about it."
:irony: :irony: :irony: :irony: :irony: :irony: :irony:

Swatopluk

There have been attempts to draw The Lord into court and much ink was spilled by actual jurists to deal with this dilemma.
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

Swatopluk

Swatopluk

Iowa and Nevada also have bills in the pipeline that would make murdering abortion providers and their helpers 'justifiable homicide'

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

Shotgun approach, eh?

No matter:  once one is struck down, the rest will be automatically as well.
Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

Swatopluk

Quote from: Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith on February 25, 2011, 09:34:59 AM
No matter:  once one is struck down, the rest will be automatically as well.

That's so yesterday.
These days this does not matter at all.
A number of states already have laws in the books with the explicit clause that they come into force the moment SCOTUS overturns certain precedents (in this case Roe vs. Wade).

Edit: and let's not forget those laws that are deliberately made to be challenged up to SCOTUS in the hope that the RW activists strict constructionist vampires umpires will take the opportunity to strike down centuries worth of precedent some of it totally unrelated to the case in question the liberal perversions that have passed for law for far too long despite being clearly unconstitutional.

Lindorm

And some still trot out the old, tired line about "Muslim terrorists and European Leftist Extremists" attacking the USA because "They hate our Freedom".

Der Eisenbahner lebt von seinem kärglichen Gehalt sowie von der durch nichts zu erschütternden Überzeugung, daß es ohne ihn im Betriebe nicht gehe.
K.Tucholsky (1930)

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

Quote from: Lindorm on February 28, 2011, 10:12:32 AM
And some still trot out the old, tired line about "Muslim terrorists and European Leftist Extremists" attacking the USA because "They hate our Freedom".

You gotta read between the lines on that one.

For starters, the word "freedom" as used by these sorts of people does not mean what most people think it means.

In this case, "Freedom" really means "My particular version of religion-- and no where else"

;)

Have you seen the movie with Chris Rock, The Distinguished Gentleman*?  It's good, and kinda addresses this a bit.

Chris Rock, by accidental situation of being in the right/wrong place at the right time, ends up running for Congress, against a well established incumbent Rethuglican.

One of the by-lines of the Rethug is:  "God Bless America-- and No Where Else!"  You could hear the spelling in his voice.

Chris Rocks' character finally sort of snaps, during a speech-- he goes completely off-script, beginning with, "God Bless America-- and everywhere else!"  finally cumulating in what becomes his catch phrase, "That Ain't Right".

Some of the speeches he gives will bring tears to your eyes, if you let it...

:)

* I think that's the correct title.
Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

Swatopluk

Or as the RCC once stated officially: Every human being has the freedom to join the (one true) church.
Even that was a lie.