News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Old quiz (2000) but still relevant today

Started by Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith, November 02, 2010, 04:39:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

What Do You Know About The
Separation of State and Church?  (in the USA)

http://ffrf.org/legacy/quiz/ffrfquiz.php

I got 19 of 21 right, but to be fair, I guessed on about 1/2 of the true/false ones, and I guessed correctly.

I missed the quote, incorrectly attributing it to the wrong guy-- I thought the correct answer was too cliche.

And I was incorrect about the two families' court cases, not being familiar with either case's details.

Still, 3 wrong of 21 is not bad for a layman.
Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

Opsa

It says I got only 13 right, but when I checked the answers, it seems a couple of mine went through incorrectly. I think I'm a 15.

That was fun!

Bluenose

Well I scored 15 which not bad for a non-USian, if I do say so myself.
Myers Briggs personality type: ENTP -  "Inventor". Enthusiastic interest in everything and always sensitive to possibilities. Non-conformist and innovative. 3.2% of the total population.

Swatopluk

17 out of 21 and on two of the false ones the correct one was seriously considered.
In the court cases it was pure guessing who brought the charge (and I got one wrong).
One more and I'd be in the top group.
No surprise there since I would also (unlike most actual citizens) pass the citizen test with flying colours :mrgreen:
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

12, lots of minutia I was completely unaware.
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

Quote from: Sibling Zono (anon1mat0) on November 03, 2010, 01:51:58 PM
12, lots of minutia I was completely unaware.

I'd have done much, much worse myself 5 years ago-- I attribute my knowledge to 5 years of arguing with people who claim the US was/is "a christian nation" and/or the founding fathers were "all christians" and such nonsense.

Refuting these claims has made me do research I would not have done otherwise, which has led me to an understanding of my own country's founding that I would not now be aware of.

Aside from the obvious (why is there no mention of either 'god" or "jesus" anywhere in the US constitution ought to have settled it once and for all, but apparently not... ) the details proved fascinating to me.

As result, these days, when I have opportunity to recite the US pledge, I use the original one, minus two little misplaced words...

;)
Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)