News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

ONU in Italy in 2011

Started by stellinacadente, July 26, 2010, 06:04:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stellinacadente

Oh well... despite the fact that the international community has been giving many many signs of being disturbed by the current Italian Prime Minister, Mr Berlusconi has kept on going and is now on the verge of passing a law that would silence the media reestablishing a censorship the world has not seen since Stalin...

Now the UN has announced an "observation" mission for 2011 since it has picked up very concerning time for the freedom of information in Italy...

about time I would say...

Some thing really concerning is going around the globe these days... is 2012 really the end (kidding people just kidding :D )
"Pressure... changes everything pressure. Some people you squeeze them, they focus... others fall..."

Al Pacino, The Devil's Advocate

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Mr. Mussolin... I mean, Berlusconi has pretty much done every trick in the book already, but the main problem seems to be how corrupt and disorganized the left is in Italy, it would seem that until a man can come from the Italian left with clean credentials a lot of people is willing to put up with the [un]necessary evil that is Berlusconi.

Mind you, I can't say much, my own country (Colombia) elected a pseudo-fascist moron for president...
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Lindorm

It will certainly be interesting to see how things pan out with the recent split between Berlusconi and Gianfranco Fini, and the rift within Berlusconi's coalition.
Der Eisenbahner lebt von seinem kärglichen Gehalt sowie von der durch nichts zu erschütternden Überzeugung, daß es ohne ihn im Betriebe nicht gehe.
K.Tucholsky (1930)

stellinacadente

ah... I wish I could say that everything will improve... but I know them all too well...

the Chambers will be dismissed by the President
they will have new elections (YAY more money  down the deficit whole!)
with all probability the Left wing will win but since they have never been able to agree to what to have for dinner
their government will last a baby breath
Berlusconi will come and save the day again...

vicious circle...hard to break
"Pressure... changes everything pressure. Some people you squeeze them, they focus... others fall..."

Al Pacino, The Devil's Advocate