News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

My Hill

Started by Griffin NoName, September 26, 2006, 12:05:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sibling Chatty

Been there. Done that. Lost my tiny mind, and damn near collapsed of exhaustion.

Don't do that, 'K??

Worried about you on My Hill.
This sig area under construction.

Aggie

Nah, I actually got more than 7 hours of sleep last night, so it's OK - field work isn't too exhausting if the sleep hours are reasonable because it's moderately physical and not very mental.   And I WILL pull the fatigue card at any time necessary - if they want to yammer on about how important safety is, I'm holding them to it.  There's too many long drives involved to risk working tired.  Should be in for a stretch of office work after this I hope.

Can't wait to go home to My Hill on Wednesday, though.  ;)
WWDDD?

Scriblerus the Philosophe

Just bought my last text book for the semester on my Hill. Procrastinating about my homework, though. Need to do my reader-response and my math homework.
"Whoever had created humanity had left in a major design flaw. It was its tendency to bend at the knees." --Terry Pratchett, Feet of Clay

Aggie

Killed another rig on My Hill. 

:censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

Don't ask me how...  Nodwells are used in Antarctica, but somehow we snapped an axle  ???:

(not our rig, but similar.  I wasn't driving.)

Tomorrow they are sending me a track-mounted Bobcat rig.  I'm going to see if we can burn it down...   ::)
WWDDD?

The Meromorph

Worrying about Griffin, on my hill.
Dances with Motorcycles.

Sibling Chatty

Same as Mero.

Wish I had pressed her for more contact info...

Griffin NoName

only just notcied people on other hils worrying about me on My Hill; the jungle drums need a tune up on My Hill; other than that, normal service on MY Hill resumed and my bedtime lull me to sleep TV recorded program of choice tonight is how Red Ken controls London; it ought to act fast.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

Long day, on My Hill.

Once again, my conservative tendency to preserve old things has born fruit.

My mother's old recently updated computer was _not_ parted out as is my usual want.  No, I preserved the old hard drive image on an old useless (to me) smallish drive (only 3gig or so, but roomy enough for the task).  I tossed it and the remainder of her old PC in the corner of the closet, never to be used again....

Or, so I thought.  The other day, an old former customer (from the early 90s) calls and wants to purchase a copy of our old DOS based software.  We need a new anti-piracy key.  Out comes the old box of parts that used to be my mom's old PC.  Put back together.  Purchase a KVM switch and an extra power cable.  Hook everything up, and viola! it works, just as it was when it was retired.  Make key for old customer. 

Happy Joy Joy on My Hill.  Sometimes saving "junk" is profitable. :) :) :)
Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

Aggie

First REAL day(s) off since Jan. 6 start NOW on my Hill.  I've had to do work every other day, and most of them were well over 8 hours. 

:wine:
WWDDD?

Griffin NoName

chucks a few bottles over in general direction of Aggie's hill from My Hill
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Aggie

Now dodging headhunters (and catching bottles) on My Hill.
WWDDD?

Griffin NoName

another chunk of case study written today on My Hill; now I just have to write another 800 words, remove about 800 other words, rewrite another 750 words, find apt quotations and remove enough words to insert them and do the bibliogrpahy, then check it meets all the targets; My Hill is feeling a little overwhelming; could even say My Hill is bogged down.
Psychic Hotline Host

Scriblerus the Philosophe

Suffering from a sudden wave of nostalgia on My Hill.
I miss Denver. From there, remember bits and pieces of it (mostly surroundings) and found my old house on Google Maps. Used to live across the road from Fort Logan national cemetery. Will hopefully being going home two summers from now to visit.
"Whoever had created humanity had left in a major design flaw. It was its tendency to bend at the knees." --Terry Pratchett, Feet of Clay

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

Unseasonably warm on My Hill.  (global climate change, anyone?)

Waiting on a return phone call, so I can maybe pay some obligations back.   Darn voice mail, anyway. ::)

Meanwhile, I worked on my computer some more.   Turns out the reason why the latest driver didn't work on my cheapie SATA card, was because the driver was too new.  Had I updated the BIOS on that stupid card (why, I ask?) it would've been okay.  Found an old driver, and now all is Okay.

Except that the drive I was intending to replace died completely.  Alas-- too soon to transfer the files it had to the replacement one. 

The dreaded "clicking of death"-- no warning, this time, it just up and quit. 

*bleah*

When is silicon going to replace spinning metal?  I was promised a replacement for spinning metal before now....where is it?

And flying cars?  It's the Next Century, and WHERE are the Flying Cars?  I was promised Flying Cars by now....
Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

Sibling Chatty

Think about most of the drivers on the road.

They have enough trouble ON the road...imagine them being able to fly. :aargh:

Flying cars should only be made available to those that can safely use them...like US!! (OK, me only until they finally change my pain meds. When they do, I stop driving for at least 6 weeks, then assess the problems.)

Contemplating the mortality of my mobility on My Hill.