News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Cartoons and Pictures From The "Land Of NOMIS"

Started by Afterglow, October 01, 2006, 09:38:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swatopluk

Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

Darlica

"Kafka was a social realist" -Lindorm out of context

"You think education is expensive, try ignorance" -Anonymous

Aggie

WWDDD?

Afterglow

JUST HERE but sometimes THERE!

Opsa

Aphos

--The topologist formerly known as Poincare's Stepchild--

Aphos

--The topologist formerly known as Poincare's Stepchild--

roystonoboogie

Quote from: Aphos on March 06, 2014, 01:40:30 AM

I am deeply in love with this cartoon.
Any deities offended by this, please feel free to provide some supporting evidence and smite me now...  :mrgreen:

Opsa

It pretty much says it all in a nutshell, doesn't it?

Aggie

I picked up a copy of the Gospel of the FSM at a used book sale, for $1. I was of course aware of its existence, but hadn't gotten around to reading it up until that point.

I think I overpaid... ::)

The Bible's got some handy tips for practical living, like how to deal with mold in your house.  I've only read about 1/3 of the Koran so far (much of it seems to be fairly historical records of inter-tribal squabbles, written a little fresher than the equivalent parts of the OT), and apparently haven't got to the interesting bits:

QuoteIs it permissible to shave hair off the body?

QuoteSalam. Yes, removal of body hair is not only permissible, it is required. For a man, the beard and eyebrows must be left alone; for a woman the eyebrows. The absolute removal of hair around the penis and testicles, vagina, anus and under-arm is a crucial element of Sunan al-Fitra. The hair must not grow beyond 40 days. Fitra is a code of requisite personal hygienic conduct for Muslims and Sunan al-Fitra is the code of requisite personal conduct to do with the body. The Sahih al-Bukhari explicitly states that all Muslims are required to pluck away the hairs that grown from the base of the naval through the genital area and behind to the anus—it goes on to say that the underarms must be removed of hair in a likewise fashion. Shaving with a razor is allowed instead of plucking or waxing, but laser hair removal might prove the most effective. Whilst other body hair apart from the genital and underarm area are not mentioned in any detail, the majority of Islamic scholars have understood and continue to hold that the complete removal of all body hair from the neck down to the soles of the feet is a required element of Sunan al-Fitra before one engages in a profound holy struggle—known in Arabic and now in English also, as jihad. There is the Greater and Lesser Jihad. The Greater Jihad is the internal spiritual struggle of the Muslim toward submission to Allah. The Lesser Jihad is Holy War against non-Muslims based on principle of belief. The greater jihad is the basis of one being obedient to Allah and is undertaken every minute of the day, every day of the year. Therefore it is necessary for men and women to make sure that every stalk of hair is removed from their bodies and that they remain hairless all the time.

http://islam.com/questions/7699/is-it-permissible-to-shave-hair-off-the-body

WWDDD?

Swatopluk

I found that book (the Koran) highly repetitive. How often does it have to tell that one should not have mutilated the sacred female camel? I got the impression that it was written for people with incipient Alzheimer's disease.
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

As much as necessary until the reader leaves the poor camel alone.
;) :mrgreen:
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Opsa

Quote from: Aggie on March 06, 2014, 11:32:28 PM
I picked up a copy of the Gospel of the FSM at a used book sale, for $1. I was of course aware of its existence, but hadn't gotten around to reading it up until that point.

I think I overpaid...

Dang, I would have sent you mine for free. (If I could find it.) You woulda been doing me a favor!

Afterglow

Afterglow