News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Cartoons and Pictures From The "Land Of NOMIS"

Started by Afterglow, October 01, 2006, 09:38:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aggie

Quote from: Aphos on June 22, 2013, 03:09:03 PM
The NSA is still insisting that it did nothing illegal, BUT...it wants congress to pass blanket immunity for any crimes committed by companies because the NSA asked them to do it.

I know this sounds like a joke, but sadly it isn't.

:barf:

Not only government citizen monitoring, but outsourced private for-profit citizen monitoring?  Paid, presumably, by number of crimes uncovered. :P  Any guess how long it'll be until the companies that build and run prisons create divisions devoted to detecting "national security issues?". This is worse than Big Brother.
WWDDD?

Aphos

Quote from: Aggie on June 22, 2013, 04:45:42 PM
Quote from: Aphos on June 22, 2013, 03:09:03 PM
The NSA is still insisting that it did nothing illegal, BUT...it wants congress to pass blanket immunity for any crimes committed by companies because the NSA asked them to do it.

I know this sounds like a joke, but sadly it isn't.

:barf:

Not only government citizen monitoring, but outsourced private for-profit citizen monitoring?  Paid, presumably, by number of crimes uncovered. :P  Any guess how long it'll be until the companies that build and run prisons create divisions devoted to detecting "national security issues?". This is worse than Big Brother.

There has already been a case in Pennsylvania where a company running a juvenile detention center bribed a judge to send more juveniles to their prison.
--The topologist formerly known as Poincare's Stepchild--

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Who said a dystopian future wasn't in the menu?  >:(
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

pieces o nine

"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"
--Marquise de Sevigne, February 11, 1677

Opsa

Ya just gotta wonder about that guy. Still there after being accused of sexual harassment. Yesterday he spoke up against affirmative action. I have no idea who's side he is on.

Swatopluk

Quote from: Opsa on June 25, 2013, 04:04:19 PM
Ya just gotta wonder about that guy. Still there after being accused of sexual harassment. Yesterday he spoke up against affirmative action. I have no idea who's side he is on.

That's clear. On his own and the IGMFY/U crowd's.
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

pieces o nine

No one achieves goals without help: from their own family's fortune and socio-economic connections; and/or working with like-minded peers; and/or with public institutions -- such as education -- including scholarships (funded from a variety of sources); and/or mentoring or coaching. I don't know what series of events have made him so bitter, but he seems to have been determinedly biting every hand offered to him -- which he's perversely chosen to seize upon -- for as long as he's been on record. What a travesty that his various opportunities and positions of influence did not go to equally qualified  [c wot i did thar]  candidates, unburdened by such misanthropy, resentment, and self-hatred.
"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"

Swatopluk

I have the suspicion that he is fully aware that he was not chosen for his qualifications but because he was of that rare species the conservative (and reliable) n-word.
It was seen as necessary to get one of these strongly pigmented flatnoses on the court (best before the Dems could do it) and he was the one who could deliver the goods.
From what I heard he is also the laziest guy at least in the proceedings before the court.
Another advantage from the con side: since more than one n-word would be disproportionate, there will be none nominated or confirmed as long as he is there.
It would have been a wonderful 'in your face', if Obama had nominated Anita Hill :devil2:
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

Quote from: pieces o nine on June 26, 2013, 01:21:09 AM
No one achieves goals without help: from their own family's fortune and socio-economic connections; and/or working with like-minded peers; and/or with public institutions -- such as education -- including scholarships (funded from a variety of sources); and/or mentoring or coaching. I don't know what series of events have made him so bitter, but he seems to have been determinedly biting every hand offered to him -- which he's perversely chosen to seize upon -- for as long as he's been on record. What a travesty that his various opportunities and positions of influence did not go to equally qualified  [c wot i did thar]  candidates, unburdened by such misanthropy, resentment, and self-hatred.

Exactly!

Even the billionaire Bill Gates stared with a fairly substantial loan from his lawyer father.

Nobody but nobody is truly "self-made".  All had help-- some, more help than others.
Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

Quote from: Swatopluk on June 26, 2013, 10:19:34 AM
It would have been a wonderful 'in your face', if Obama had nominated Anita Hill :devil2:

That would almost-- especially if she were confirmed-- re-kindle my long-lost faith in gods.

::)
Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

pieces o nine

On the other hand, I can't bear to even look at cartoons on what the Repubs are doing to voting rights and reproductive rights all over the country...

Aphos

--The topologist formerly known as Poincare's Stepchild--

Opsa

Nice one, Pieces. As for Bert and Ernie, I can only say it's about time!

Afterglow

JUST HERE but sometimes THERE!

Afterglow

JUST HERE but sometimes THERE!