News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Cartoons and Pictures From The "Land Of NOMIS"

Started by Afterglow, October 01, 2006, 09:38:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Afterglow

JUST HERE but sometimes THERE!

Afterglow

http://cagle.com/working/100322/stein.jpg

Never did I ever think I would see a day where the president of my country would be dictating to me that I have to spend my money on something he has decided that I want, no matter what the constitution says ...  >:( >:( >:(

The only thing that I can find in our constitution mandating that we pay is in the 16th amendment ... Taxes.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/eb/16th_Amendment_Pg1of1_AC.jpg

beagle

The angels have the phone box

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Quote from: Afterglow on March 24, 2010, 03:56:23 AM
Never did I ever think I would see a day where the president of my country would be dictating to me that I have to spend my money on something he has decided that I want, no matter what the constitution says ...  >:( >:( >:(

The only thing that I can find in our constitution mandating that we pay is in the 16th amendment ... Taxes.

If a single payer system had been implemented then it would be a tax, but not even the public option made it to the final bill. As for the mandate, there is the liability insurance we have to pay to drive a car, although that is mandated by the states (all of them IIRC).

There is an interesting post on the subject on 538.
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Swatopluk

Someone brought an interesting counterargument from the founders themselves: Washington's orders to the militia members (i.e. every able-bodied male in a certain age bracket). Those required everyone to obtain AT THEIR OWN COST their full equipment, i.e. guns, ammo, sidearms etc. and at the same time forbade them to sell, barter or use as security the stuff when currently not in use. And it did not even leave full free choice in weaponry but to a degree regulated the allowed types.
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

Quote from: Afterglow on March 24, 2010, 03:56:23 AM

Think of it as required liability insurance for living in the USA....

::)

The "required" part won't kick-in until 1015.  Alot can happen in 5 years ...

... I never figured the Demowimps would grow an actual pair and pass this thing, myself-- they seemed hell-bent on continuous and never-ending internal squabblings ... 

... but I was woefully unprepared for how thuggish the Rethuglicans would stoop-- in my worst imaginings I did not have it 1/2 as bad as they acted in reality ...
Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

Swatopluk

A certain pastor now calls to God* to kill all 219 Dem House members that voted for the bill (before that it was mainly a call for the death of Obama**) and asks all right-thinking Christians to follow his example.

*so-called imprecatory prayer
**but he also took credit for the harm that came to the family of Senate majority leader Reid, which he considered a warning of the Almighty to this wayward politician.

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

Quote from: Swatopluk on March 24, 2010, 04:11:31 PM
A certain pastor now calls to God* to kill all 219 Dem House members that voted for the bill (before that it was mainly a call for the death of Obama**) and asks all right-thinking Christians to follow his example.

*so-called imprecatory prayer
**but he also took credit for the harm that came to the family of Senate majority leader Reid, which he considered a warning of the Almighty to this wayward politician.

:puke:

Where's the show of "love" as compelled by their god?

Where's the 'love thy enemy' as commanded by their book?

The hypocrisy of these people is overwhelming to me-- I *literally* would have continuous migraines if I had that kind of internal cognitive dissonance...

... if the Universe had any real justice, these people's heads would implode...

:P  :P
Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

Swatopluk

Admittedly I entertain similar fantasies occasionally but at least I do not make a system out of it or try to shift the 'blame' on God. In that regard actual (and open) assassins deserve more respect (in a pure relative sense).

Aphos

--The topologist formerly known as Poincare's Stepchild--

Afterglow

Afterglow

Afterglow

Afterglow

Afterglow