News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

How to give your cat a bath

Started by stellinacadente, January 12, 2012, 10:41:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stellinacadente

How to clean a toilet
This was simply too much of a time saver not to share it with you.
1. Put both lids of the toilet up

And add 1/8 cup of pet shampoo to the water in the bowl.

2. Pick up the cat and soothe him while you carry him towards the bathroom.

3. In one smooth movement, put the cat in the toilet and close the lid.
You may need to stand on the lid.

4. The cat will self agitate and make ample suds.
Never mind the noises that come from the toilet, the cat is actually enjoying this.

5. Flush the toilet three or four times.
This provides a 'power-wash' and rinse'.

6. Have someone open the front door of your home.
Be sure that there are no people between the bathroom and the front door.

7. Stand behind the toilet as far as you can, and quickly lift the lid.

8. The cat will rocket out of the toilet, streak through the bathroom,
And run outside where he will dry himself off.

9. Both the commode and the cat will be sparkling clean..
"Pressure... changes everything pressure. Some people you squeeze them, they focus... others fall..."

Al Pacino, The Devil's Advocate

Opsa

...but you'll only be seeing one of them ever again.

Sibling DavidH

Never did like cats very much.  Try that with a Bull Terrier and see how far you get.  :mrgreen:

Swatopluk

That one will not fit into the toilet ;)

If I'd own a mamal pet, I'd be a cat rather than a dog, although I find a certain type of Husky beautiful (well-groomed wolves!).
No chance of that though cause I am a) allergic to animal hair b) like to have things under control c) would be unable* to treat it/her/him the proper way, so it would be punishment for the animal (even without bad intent). Reasons b) and c) would also count for human offspring. I am always surprised that children don't get strangled by their parents within days after birth (and it gets worse over time with increased lung power and the acquired ability to move around).

*in the sense of incompetent.
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

stellinacadente

just to clarify... it was a joke out of FB....
"Pressure... changes everything pressure. Some people you squeeze them, they focus... others fall..."

Al Pacino, The Devil's Advocate

Swatopluk

I assumed that ;D

Just from the practical point of view, the cat would be small enough to go down the drains, I fear.
That would not happen in the washing machine.
Sadly no joke, many a cat has died (and some children too I believe) because their Darwin-award-by-proxy-worthy parents saw no problem putting them in one. Same goes for drying them by micowave oven.
:oops: :explode: :doh!:
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

Opsa

See Swato, you're more humane than for what you give yourself credit.

You change when you love a thing, whether it's another adult, or a dog, cat, or child. I would guess that in most cases you change for the better. Caring for a thing isn't difficult when you love it, just like any job. When I was an animator people used to say "How can you do that? It's so tedious." The answer was that it only looked tedious, but was actually fascinating to me because I understood it so well.

I never thought about children, never yearned for one in my youth. As a result I was totally not used to them and might have been a crummy mother when I finally had one at age 40. But I love this child. It's an all-encompassing love, just as strong as that for a lover, but different in that I'm a parent, instead. There's just as much bliss, and just as much pain. Now she's adolescent the love has grown, and that's a good thing because she tests me more. Still love her, though, more than ever.  Some day soon I'll have to love her enough to let her fly away from me. That'll take all the love I can muster. Gotta learn to trust the world.

Bluenose

Ops, you speak the truth.  Letting my children go and and allowing them to make their own mistakes in the world has been the hardest thing I have ever had to do.  You just have to hope that you have somehow prepared them for life's troublespots and be there in case someone has to pick up the pieces - and hope like hell that you don't have to.  So far so good although the Bluette has given me some worries over the years, so far she has proven herself to be able to fend for herself.  Young BlueII (young mr Blue) is in a stable relationship with a wonderful young woman and they plan to marry in January 2013.  I am told that BlueII is a carbon copy of me - I don't see the similarity but I hope he doesn't get up to all the dumb things I did when I was his age...

Back to the cats, when the Bluette was about 4 or 5, one day I heard a strange thumping noise coming from the laundry.  When I went to investigate I found a young miss sitting on the floor laughing and strange noises coming from the clothes dryer.  I stopped the dryer and opened the door to find Delilah (our black and white domestic cat) inside.  She just sort of greeted me as if this was the most normal thing in the world and then in her own time jumped out of the dryer and ambled over to her food bowl and had a snack and a drink.  Apparently the Bluette had seen the cat climb up into the open door of the dryer and had gone over, closed the door and turned it on!
Myers Briggs personality type: ENTP -  "Inventor". Enthusiastic interest in everything and always sensitive to possibilities. Non-conformist and innovative. 3.2% of the total population.