News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Droughts and Deluges

Started by Opsa, July 05, 2007, 04:34:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Opsa

It's been really dry here lately! My grass is turning beige. :P

The forecasts keep calling for rain, but if it comes, it is in the form of drizzle. We are having some drizzle now, but I can see dry patches on the pavement even as it falls. I am trying to conserve water and am only watering what was planted this year. But it bums me out to see my little plant pals looking all wilted.

beagle

The angels have the phone box

ivor

No one ever expects the Spanish Inquisition!  We just call it the Goon Squad now.

It's started raining a little here in Floriduh.  It's still drier than a mummy fart.

Bruder Cuzzen

We had much rain the past few days , I believe more was forecast this week .
The first downpour overwhelmed my reservoirs ...some refining required

The garden  suffered many losses after the kids were finished "helping" , A fern is dying from neglect . but so far everything esle is beautiful .

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Quote from: MentalBlock996 on July 09, 2007, 07:45:40 PM
It's started raining a little here in Floriduh.  It's still drier than a mummy fart.
Not in South Floriduh. It's been raining every day an it is as humid as always (yuk!).
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Opsa

Quote from: beagle on July 09, 2007, 06:05:10 PM
Don't panic, but.

It was nice of them to patch up the damage before slapping her into the slammer. Grannies with dry lawns are a menace to society!
:irony:

We get thunderbursts every few days here and it helps, but only temporarily. Most of my garden is old established plant friends and they'll muddle through but I have some container plants out there too and they keep wilting. The ninety-eight degree heat isn't helping, either.

Sibling Chatty

You are welcome to some of our rain. We've had WAY too much.
This sig area under construction.

Opsa

We had a bad drought here a decade or so ago. I wrote in my garden journal that I thought I'd rather have too much rain than too little. The next year we got too much rain. Too much rain is worse. You have my condolences.

If someone can figure out how to pump water around a whole continent, he would truly deserve to be a zillionnaire.