News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

CBC Tapestry Podcast: Back to the Garden

Started by Aggie, August 26, 2010, 05:13:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aggie

WWDDD?

Opsa

Ah, you posted this when I was out of town last month and I just found it. The podcast seems to be playing a bit sporadically for some reason. Can you give us a jist?

I find myself thinking spiritual thoughts in a garden. Being close to nature, and tending it, feels like experiencing a a part of the Great Whatever.  ;) Being in a garden makes me slow down and become meditative. Anywhere natural can do that: the forest, the beach, the mountains. I guess that the difference between untended nature and a garden is that in a a garden, marvelous details are purposefully arranged right before you.

Aggie

It's a series of interviews, so hard to summarize, but it touches quite a bit on the spiritual side of watching life grow from nothing (seeds), and also on the way a gardener learns patience and humility waiting for things to grow.

I found a downloadable mp3 here - you can try again to click on it and listen to it, or right-click it and save it:
http://podcast.cbc.ca/mp3/tapestry_20100627_34387.mp3
WWDDD?

Opsa

I totally get that.

Seeds really aren't nothing. They are the intentions of the past that move into the future. Whatever thing we do in this life may become a seed that will grow again later. If we want good in the future, we have to make good seeds now.

Aggie

Quote from: Opsanus tau on October 01, 2010, 03:38:06 PM
Seeds really aren't nothing. They are the intentions of the past that move into the future.

I like that...  have a :twinkie:   :)
WWDDD?

Opsa

Why, thank you!  :-*

If only twinkies were more...   organic? We need a plant-based twinkie!

Aggie

Hmm... there are a few fruits that might stand in, but it's originally from the twinkie quote in your signature.  Besides, a twinkie is something that is ephemerally enjoyable* but that one shouldn't over-indulge in - seems to fit. 

*actually, I don't find them tasty.  I'd rather have a banana, which is kind of similar.
WWDDD?

Opsa

I've never liked Twinkies, to be honest. There's some bleah flavor in them that turns me off. However, in Junior High I was addicted to Suzy Qs, mostly because they were offered in the school lunchroom. (I was supposed to be spending my lunch money on the hot meal, which was never vegetarian.)