News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Recent Garden Acquisitions

Started by Opsa, May 11, 2010, 09:52:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roland Deschain

This beer garden you speak of... ;D

Lovely pictures once again, PoN. It takes so much work, but is very worthwhile. All you'll have to do is find the time to enjoy it. (love your wellies, by the way!)
"I love cheese" - Buffy Summers

pieces o nine

Yes, it does take a lot of work. Fortunately, this is not *my* hobby/passion!     ;)
"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"
--Marquise de Sevigne, February 11, 1677

Swatopluk

It looks less bad on the photos than it really is.
Size: about 4 paces from the stairs to the gate; at the wall it is about 7 paces wide; about 10 paces from the wall to the hedge of the neighbour's garden.
It lies about a meter under street level (street behind the wall).
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

It looks nice and peaceful enough IMHO.
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Swatopluk

As I said,  a mere photo-induced illusion

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

I have the idea that I can picture the place tiny and not particularly pretty to some standards, yet it's green enough to be peaceful, and I like it.
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Opsa

I think you could make it quite a charming place with some stepping stones leading to well-placed bench and a few nice pots of plants. It's kind of nice. All it lacks is a focal point.

Roland Deschain

I like it. The look, to me, is semi-wild and more natural, and that is perfect. Maybe a few woodland wildflower seeds spread liberally in shaded areas will help bring more colour to it? It must be peaceful to sit in.
"I love cheese" - Buffy Summers

Swatopluk

I think I need a few close-up to show you guys what a wreck that is. Even the moss begins to capitulate.

Opsa

Eh, that's okay. Anyone's garden can look like heck if you zoom in on the flaws.

Seriously, I think you could find some interesting large pots at a flea market, put in good soil and grow some good plants to brighten it up in there. A lot of gardeners do this. Some even move the pots around to places that aren't blooming to make them look better.

This person has some good ideas.

Swatopluk

Would require also some mirrors or he like to get enough light into the shadows (the wall is on the South side, the house to the West and the next block to the East (check my Google Earth position in the dedicated thread).

Opsa

Wow, that would be a fun and funky look, if you put mirrors on the walls. The lady in the video mentioned mosaic mirrored pieces.

I suppose you could go all Andy Warhol and spray the walls silver, too. Or create some other reflective surface. 

Or you could choose plants in your zone that like shady areas.

Swatopluk

Opsa

Swatopluk

potatoes are also from the nightshade family iirc.