News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Recent Garden Acquisitions

Started by Opsa, May 11, 2010, 09:52:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darlica

Quote from: Opsa on May 13, 2013, 03:39:33 PM
We have a little blue and red plastic poison dart frog at our house. Could this be another mysterious sibling coincidence?  :o
I think there is no mystery to it at all...
We all seem to still be in contact with out inner child and like nature and science... ;D 

Quote from: Swatopluk on May 13, 2013, 03:53:53 PM
What carnivorous plant species is best to deal with fruitflies and flour moths?
For the flour moths, no idea as they don't go for sweet or sour smells. We simply hunt them and feed them to the plants. ;D
For fruitflies I suppose they have to emit a slightly sweet/sour smell like rotten fruit. Some sort of sundews perhaps.

Quote from: Bruder Cuzzen on May 15, 2013, 08:02:48 AM
They tore up both of my gardens  :(The pond is gone along with all the lillies and irises and weigelias and lilacs and rhododendrons and etc.
Alas , grass is now in the rear yard which will fail just like it always does for want of sunlight.
The hostas required very little sunlight and was doing well back there .

But this sort of thing is what my real estate agent always does to a house up for sale .
I can't bear to watch , so I have moved out of the house and am currently renting a room by the week .

An old chum from my childhood works for the city's water conservation program . He has been at the job for decades now and physically helped me engineer the water gardens on weekends.All that work gone .
That's horrible!
I'm with Opsa here, if anything a garden like the one you had would have drawn me in rather than repelled me. But then I'm allergic to conformity.

"Kafka was a social realist" -Lindorm out of context

"You think education is expensive, try ignorance" -Anonymous

Opsa

Allergic to conformity! I love that. I share that allergy with ya, Sib!

Bruder Cuzzen