News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Greenhouse

Started by Opsa, March 05, 2008, 07:30:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Black Bart

Quote from: Opsanus tau on March 26, 2008, 04:59:30 PM
On top of fridge? Normally I have thinbgs sprouting in my fridge.  ;)

That's a pretty good idea, Bart. The warmth probably helps. Do you put a grow light up there, too?

:ROFL:

I remembers me student days when opening the fridge was as scary as the shower scene from Psycho. 
She was only the Lighthouse Keeper's daughter, but she never went out at night

Opsa

VWEEP! VWEEP! VWEEP! VWEEP!

Yo! I've started a buncha seeds on my windowsill greenhouse.

Bruder Cuzzen

Quote from: Agujjim on March 12, 2008, 02:56:45 PM
Please do - My seedlings are already getting too leggy, but I couldn't wait!

It's tough to know when I can plant....

I had very good results preventing leggy sprouts and damp off by opening the tent a bit to a allow a gentle breeze to get at the tray by means of wee  fan which was set on low plugged into a timer ( it doesn't have to be on 24/7) .

Opsa

Good idea, Bro.  Legginess is generally caused by too little light. I hear you can rig up mirrors and tin foil around your windowsill to reflect more sunlight in. I also use a fluoresecent light on a timer set for 8 hours on each day.

Aggie

I've been hitting them with a grow-lamp at night to hold them back. It's working OK for the morning glories....

I think I'm going to pot up some of my climbers indoors soon, with a support, then move the whole shwack out later.  The other pots are too large, but I think I can start one (I will be using it as a second tier for a larger pot later).
WWDDD?

Opsa

That sounds good.

I gots peas and sacred tobacco sprouts!!!!!  :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee:

Bruder Cuzzen

I still haven't started anything , the ground is still frozen solid and the snow is two feet deep in the garden .I figure i have to another three weeks to start seedlings for early May planting .

Opsa

You may want to start them now, BC, depending on what they are.

I have a pole bean sprouted now, plus Miribilis, Nicotania Alata, Zinnia and Mullein. No peppers, tomatoes, carrots or onions yet.

The pea sprouts got so tall I re-potted them and moved them out to the porch mini-greenhouse to start hardening off.

Outside, my radishes, lettuce and spinach sprouted on Sunday!