News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Pauline Cafferkey

Started by goat starer, January 03, 2015, 10:47:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

goat starer

Spare a thought for this brave lady today. She went to Sierra Leone as a nurse to fight the Ebola outbreak and tonight is deteriorating fast with the disease in a London hospital. My brother and his wife flew with her yo Sierra Leone and flew back with her. Like all the medics they expected to be safe but knew there was a risk. Dom is intending to do a second stint in a few weeks time.

I hope she gets better and I hope this does not put people off helping.

:pillar:
----------------------------------

Best regards

Comrade Goatvara
:goatflag:

"And the Goat shall bear upon him all their iniquities unto a Land not inhabited"

Darlica

I wish your brother all the luck in the world, the people fighting Ebola are truly brave souls.

I really hope Pauline makes it, being back in UK at least she gets the best possible care at the moment.

:pillar:

"Kafka was a social realist" -Lindorm out of context

"You think education is expensive, try ignorance" -Anonymous

Griffin NoName

I sincerely hope she makes it. It's alarming when all that protective clothing fails to prevent infection. Especially since no one seems to know why so nothing can be done to stop it.

Goat, your brother-wife are brilliant to go to help.

:candle:
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Aggie

WWDDD?

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

goat starer

Quote from: Griffin NoName on January 04, 2015, 04:08:08 PM
I sincerely hope she makes it. It's alarming when all that protective clothing fails to prevent infection. Especially since no one seems to know why so nothing can be done to stop it.

Goat, your brother-wife are brilliant to go to help.

:candle:

It's mostly about tiredness and mistakes. Dom and Sarah told me that it took around 45 mins to put on and take off kit.. Once in if you could only work tie 45 minutes before heat, dehydration and exhaustion kicked in.. You basically got 45 mins work in every three hours once you had rested and rehydrated and by the end of a shift you were shattered. Tired people make mistakes.

----------------------------------

Best regards

Comrade Goatvara
:goatflag:

"And the Goat shall bear upon him all their iniquities unto a Land not inhabited"

Griffin NoName

I could see from TV how hard it was putting on the protective clothing, but didn't realise it took as long as 45 minutes. Taking it off does look a risky operation even if not too hot and tired etc.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand