News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Talk about genocide

Started by Sibling Zono (anon1mat0), August 04, 2014, 09:26:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swatopluk

Countries change indeed but I fear that may as well apply to Israel. And with Israel the change may well lead to the country not existing anymore or not in a shape that would suit you. It has been said that Israel will be sooner or later forced to decide whether it will be a democracy or a Jewish state because it can no longer be both. And the experiment Israel may well fail completely one day, when/if the state, in perceived self-defense, goes the fatal step too far and becomes a pariah even to its former sympathizers. I doubt that Israel could survive longterm totally isolated.
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

Griffin NoName

Quote from: Aggie on August 09, 2014, 09:22:39 PMI do see where you're coming from, and how your experience of discrimination has lead to the way you feel.  Feelings of not being 'okay' are deep-rooted and hard to express, as you can personally attest to after hearing me go on at length about my own issues.

You've made some valid points, based in your own personal feelings, about why this isn't exclusively an Israeli political issue.

Thanks Aggie. I don't feel not Ok in the slightest. I feel the people exhibiting anti-sematism are the ones who are not Ok.

Swato, everything you say is true; I was expecting to be nuked if I moved to Israel, which I don't think you mentioned ;) but it would be on my own terms!
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Quote from: Griffin NoName on August 09, 2014, 08:49:37 PM
I don't know what any of you might have experienced as being singled out for something and discriminated against* in a variety of ways
I'm a Hispanic man who doesn't need much to look like an Arab, I've had plenty of nasty looks going my way specially after 9-11, or outside of South Florida (where Hispanics are either a majority or a large minority depending on the county). Be sure that if the fundies manage to take over they will go after my people way before they go after yours (have you seen the news where 'nice' individuals with signs stop buses filled with children?).

BTW that goes on everywhere, my French Horn teacher was very concerned with the neo nazis in Colombia (yup, you heard right) going after the 'gringos'. Stupidity is not limited to any race, religion or culture, and if things go sour in England for the Jews, they will go sour for the Arabs, and the Blacks, and the South Americans, and the Asians, and so on, and by that time chances are that there is no safe place on the planet to go.
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Griffin NoName

Zono, I agree. It seems fairly clear where we are heading. It has just come over the news that the US has done their 2nd air strike in Iraq. What I don't quite understand is people in the South Sudan are dying from hunger and we are not doing food drops there. etc. I won't list all the places.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand