News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

The Knight's Gate in Kiev

Started by Sibling Zono (anon1mat0), March 03, 2014, 10:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Griffin

Quote from: Aggie on October 19, 2022, 03:03:49 AM

As for the UK, popular culture has been suggesting you're not quite a failed salad. ;)

The lettuce won - Truss did not last as long.

I think "the" before country name may be even more complex. For example sometimes we say The Sudan but sometimes we say just Sudan. It depends on context and what other words are used. We might say "In the Sudan...." but "there are none in Sudan...." - I'm not sure if one can extrapolate rules.

However we have drifted off topic.

Psychic Hotline Host
One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Swatopluk

Is Putin more like Göring or Bomber Harris? OK, this type of bomabrdment did not work the way we expected. What do we bomb next?
Fortunately, in WW2 there were no nuclear power plants to target yet.
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

Griffin

The News programs are all about Gaza now. Ukraine v. Russia after being main topic is now an after-thought. Media should be even-handed.
Psychic Hotline Host
One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

I do see news on Ukraine and... those aren't great for Ukraine's effort; they're running out of ammo so the Russians will keep getting a better hand in the short/mid term.
---
I have come to the conclusion that Ukraine was the loser from the very beginning, played by the east & west. Keeping the war going will only kill more and more Ukrainians (and some poor eastern Russians). The west is too happy to provide incentives to keep the war going because they think that will weaken Russia, making the Ukrainians useful cannon fodder instead of doing the logical thing: cut their losses, negotiate admitting that the eastern portion is lost (as it was before the war started), and immediately admit Ukraine to NATO. That is cheaper in all possible aspects but I guess all weapons manufacturers are all too happy to keep sending expensive tanks and planes and rockets financed by the west's taxpayers. Horrible and stupid.
---
Gaza... the last counter I saw today was close to 34K dead in Gaza of which we know 2/3rds are women and children. Israel has done several times more damage in 6 months than Russia in two years. That without counting all of Bibi's other endeavors to remain in power at all costs. And to top it all he managed to kill westerners in Gaza in the most obviously brutal way.

Yup, Gaza has become a bigger story and probably deservedly.
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.