News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

How to talk about Obamacare with your TeaParty relatives this Thanksgiving

Started by Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith, November 26, 2013, 06:55:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

How to talk about Obamacare with your TeaParty relatives this Thanksgiving:

Teapartier: "Obama's getting between me and my doctor."

the facts: Obama's getting between you and your unscrupulous insurance companies.  All new plans must cover 10 essential benefits like basic preventative care, maternity care and prescriptions. Now your insurance covers *actual* health care.

Teapartier: "Obamcare is canceling everyone's plans."

the facts: Actually, insurance companies are canceling plans, because they don't meet requirements for basic coverage - they're junk policies. Worse, the insurance companies are not informing customers about the affordable, quality insurance in the new available marketplace.

Teapartier: "Bureaucrats will decide who lives and who dies."

the facts: Before Obamacare, 25 million Americans with pre-existing conditions were uninsured. Now, insurance companies can't kick people off their plans just because they get sick.  That's going to *save* lives, ont end them.

Teapartier: "Michelle Bachmann said this would happen."

the facts: Please.  The website is being fixed. We can't go back to the dark days of insurance companies denying care or coverage and people going bankrupt to say healthy, just because of some temporarily glitchy website.
Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

Opsa

pieces o nine

"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"
--Marquise de Sevigne, February 11, 1677

Griffin NoName

Interesting. Here insurance excludes preventative care, maternity and prescriptions and pre-existing conditions - although the NHS does provide some of it.  Maybe we need Obamacare.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand