News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Nuclear Freeze

Started by Opsa, November 24, 2013, 05:39:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Opsa

I just caught this on Yahoo News. We've reached a nuclear deal with Iran. I know it's temporary, but shouldn't we be dancing in the streets or something?

Griffin NoName

I can't help being suspicious and questioning Iran's intentions. I have no idea whether to be pleased or not. Sorry.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Swatopluk

I think no side is overly trustworthy there. No surprise that they kept Israel in the dark or they wouldhave sabotaged it from the start. Congress will try it too. And the mere fact that Israel and the Saudis make common cause is, to me, a bad sign, two thugs ganging up on a third.
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

pieces o nine

The ability to reach any agreement is remarkable in itself, especially in such a difference of cultures and with such high stakes. Unfortunately, there is probably no shortage of people/factions on each side determined to undermine, end-run, or overturn it entirely. There is also probably no shortage of persons/factions among observing nations with the same intent.
"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"
--Marquise de Sevigne, February 11, 1677

Opsa

Way to harsh my buzz, love-doves!  ;)

It does beg for skepticism, but couldn't it be a sign of progress? What more could have been possible at this point?

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

I think it's good news-- if they can give up their atomic toys in exchange for some minor something-something?  That is a good thing.

It reminds me of this cartoon:

TV News Announcer: the world is stunned and astonished as Iran's leadership signaled a willingness to negotiate.

One of the leadership council of Iran responds:  "C'mon, it's not like we're house republicans."
Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

pieces o nine

Quote from: Opsa on November 24, 2013, 09:09:08 PM
Way to harsh my buzz, love-doves!  ;)
Sorry, Opsa!  Have a rainbow.    :-*
"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"
--Marquise de Sevigne, February 11, 1677