News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

God's aim still bad - Meteor hits Russia instead of Massachusetts

Started by Swatopluk, February 15, 2013, 09:31:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swatopluk

You think He got confused post festum by the calendar reform the bolshies undertook after the takeover?
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

Griffin NoName

After reading the Guardian, I feel impelled to point out it was a Meteorite not a Meteor.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

Quote from: Swatopluk on February 16, 2013, 07:24:44 PM
But why then did he drop the rock on them before the reds took over (1908) and after they stepped down (this week)?

Well... since he seems to be dependent on really, really old .. men.  (i.e. the pope, or islamic moolahs)

It kinda stands to reason he'd either be way, way too early, as in showing up at 3pm for a 7 o'clock dinner...

... or well beyond fashionably late, as in showing up on Tuesday for Saturday's Brunch.

::)

Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

Swatopluk

Quote from: Griffin NoName on February 16, 2013, 09:00:31 PM
After reading the Guardian, I feel impelled to point out it was a Meteorite not a Meteor.

They change place mid-flight ;)

Quote from: Swatopluk on February 16, 2013, 11:11:00 PM
Quote from: Griffin NoName on February 16, 2013, 09:00:31 PM

They change place mid-flight ;)

Indeed.

As has been pointed out elsewhere, it's not the long-long fall from the top of a high place that is dangerous or even unhealthy.....

... it's the rather too-quick coming to a stop at the very end of that fall, that is bothersome.

Griffin NoName

If they had elastic rope attached they could bounce back whence they came, like bungee jumping.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Quote from: Griffin NoName on February 17, 2013, 03:38:35 AM
If they had elastic rope attached they could bounce back whence they came, like bungee jumping.

Better an elastic than what a couple of would-be "bungee" jumpers tried a coupla years back-- they couldn't find long, stretchy cords, so they opted for nylon climbing rope instead.   

Yes--the same rope that is used by climbers to ascend vertical cliffs.

These two would-be "athletes" tied the ropes to their ankles, and jumped off a bridge... falling nearly the whole way, reaching normal terminal velocity for a human in freefall, head-first....

... and yep... their feets were not quite up to the sudden shock ...

... this was all pieced together by the forensic team trying to figure out why these two bodies--minus a foot each, were at the bottom of a high bridge ...

Griffin NoName

I suppose the two ropes would give it away, plus they'd have rope burn on their ankles. Idiots.
Psychic Hotline Host

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Quote from: Griffin NoName on February 17, 2013, 01:34:10 PM
I suppose the two ropes would give it away, plus they'd have rope burn on their ankles. Idiots.

The ropes were short, rather high-up, and not immediately obvious ... or so the story goes.  And the bodies were found in a shallow creek bed, by a fisherman.  It may be an Urban Myth.

But I've no doubt that somewhere, at some point, some idiot has tied a rope to his ankle and jumped head-first ...

pieces o nine

^   Have you seen video of the men of Vanuatu diving off wooden towers, vines tied to their ankles? I saw one and will never watch another. Far worse, IMHO, is that this has apparently become a tourist industry. I don't understand what kind of person travels around to pay indigenous people to risk injury or death for their 'entertainment'.
"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"
--Marquise de Sevigne, February 11, 1677

Griffin NoName

Quote from: pieces o nine on February 17, 2013, 08:46:09 PM
I don't understand what kind of person travels around to pay indigenous people to risk injury or death for their 'entertainment'.

Agree I don't understand but fear this is the way our society is progressing - or should that be regressing?
Psychic Hotline Host

Opsa

The fact that someone would pay to see this is far more freakish than the act.

Swatopluk

When I first read about it in David Attenborough's memoirs, I at first thought this was the April Fool chapter he promised would be in the book.
Bungee jumping a 'native' invention? Seemed extremly implausible to me. Only insane Westerners could come up with such an absurd practice.

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

I saw a documentary where they showed the practice, it's a rite of passage. No broken ankles.
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.