News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

What is Vaginagate?

Started by Griffin NoName, June 18, 2012, 02:10:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

Quote from: Swatopluk on June 28, 2012, 09:43:06 PM
Do you know where the word 'testify' comes from and why women could not usually testify.
In ancient times men did not hold their hand or some fingers up in oath  but put them on their testicles. There was an implicit threat that they would be removed in case of perjury.

As for members, the German word is Mitglied ('with the part'). Glied is also the regular German word for the penis. There was an extended debate among feminists about a proper female word. Some proposals were 'Ohneglied' ('without the part') and Mitklitoris ('with the clitoris'=female part).
For completeness, non-member is Nichtmitglied ('not with the part'). Btw how can females be partners when they lack the part? ;)

I think, at least with regards to male politicians?  They should re-instate part of that tradition:  if they lie?  They lose "something dear"-- they'll have two shots at it.

I cannot think of a suitable substitute for women-- but then, there aren't so many of them in politics anyway.
Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

Swatopluk

Loss of balls alone for an adult just saves money on contraception. That's one reason The Church was against it. Western eunuchs can still have sex (Eastern practices were more radical) and the loss of hormones can easily be dealt with with medication (ask athletes). The Church actually believed that enunchs were extra randy (and the most famous castrates were known as extreme chick magnets, giving some credence to that).

Personally I am more for an obedience collar. The electric jolt will increase in power for each detected lie. Politicians (and some other public figures) would have to begin to calculate how many lies they can risk before they get electrocuted.
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

I do like that ever so much--

-- especially, if you put in a "lie counter".

The counter can be automatically reset, if the wearer does not tell a lie for some fixed period of time, say a week (of no lies of any kind).

But as each lie is told?  The voltage is upped some.  I suggest a logarithmic scale here.

I would also like to see a mild buzz sound, just before the shock, so that the TV can register the facial expressions of affect politico, just before the impending shock.   Plus, it would help keep the focus on the fact the politico just told a lie-- and what the lie was (and that it was a lie).

Can you imagine how long Glenn Beck or Sarah Palin would last under one of these things? 

Five minutes into Beck's show, they'd have to run a re-run-- "We are sorry, the host has passed out again, from electric shock."

Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

Swatopluk

Alas that lie detectors do not really work. And once humans have to make the decision the door is open to corruption.
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

Roland Deschain

This theoretical lie detector with extra special surprise would be awesome. I'd advocate it for every politician, banker, civil servant, solicitor, etc. How deliciously evil that would be. :devil:
"I love cheese" - Buffy Summers