News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

What is Vaginagate?

Started by Griffin NoName, June 18, 2012, 02:10:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Griffin NoName

It's all over FB, but why? What? I know nothing. Assuming it's nothing to do with the Vagina Monologues.

The Oxford Comma is all over FB too, but I know what that is.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Swatopluk

Is it about that female (Dem) representative that the (GOP) speaker banned from participating in any debate until at least the end of the session for using that word on the floor (in the context of an anti-abortion/contraception bill)?
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

Griffin NoName

Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Opsa

I thought it was some sort of chastity belt.

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Swatopluk

Quote from: Opsa on June 18, 2012, 06:46:12 PM
I thought it was some sort of chastity belt.

Or the Vulval vestibule. Patrolling the inner parts is not enough.

Opsa

I try to tell my husband this, but does he listen?

There are all sorts of words I can think of to call anyone who would make "vagina" into a dirty word, but I guess they'd throw me out for saying them.

Swatopluk

Let's go back to 'that jade portal the pearl staff enters through', if not L'Origine_du_monde  ;)

I get a bit NSFW today.

Opsa

You're in a naughty mood, Swato. But everything is nice and clean.

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Not according to the Brazilians...  ;)
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Opsa

Ouchies!  Must be the retired nazi influence.

Darlica

:ROFL: :1stprize:

Opsa, Zono and Swato I got tea in my keyboard and nearly woke up Lindorm with my coughing/laughing... Thank's a lot guys...

;D :P ;D
:-*
"Kafka was a social realist" -Lindorm out of context

"You think education is expensive, try ignorance" -Anonymous

Roland Deschain

Quote from: Swatopluk on June 18, 2012, 07:17:31 PM
Let's go back to 'that jade portal the pearl staff enters through', if not L'Origine_du_monde  ;)

I get a bit NSFW today.
You're lucky I looked at this at home. :o :mrgreen:

It's Everybody Say Vagina Day on Facebook today, in honour of that fine upstanding woman who dared speak a medical term in a house of male-dominated politics. I, too, can think of some very fine rebuttals that would hopefully have entered my head if I were in her position, but their NSFW label does not permit I repeat them here.

Anyways, the link to the Facebook group is HERE. If you type "say vagina day" into Google, or especially into Google Images, you'll find all sorts of info on it.

So in the spirit of the day...Vagina.

A little intro to it:-

Michigan State Rep. Mike Callton (R) "What she said was offensive. It was so offensive, I don't want to say it in front of women. I would not say that in mixed company."

What did she say that was so HORRIBLE?!!

Lisa Brown (D), Michigan State Rep., simply said the word "vagina" - and she was silenced for "lack of decorum"!

Her response? "What word would they prefer I use? If I can't say the word vagina, why are we legislating vaginas? I'm outraged that this legislative body not only wants to dictate what women can do, but what we can say."
"I love cheese" - Buffy Summers

Griffin NoName

What was the original statment? All discussions seem to be about the reactions, not the original statement.
Psychic Hotline Host

Roland Deschain

Quote from: Griffin NoName on June 22, 2012, 06:28:15 PM
What was the original statment? All discussions seem to be about the reactions, not the original statement.
The original statement is HERE. I shall warn you though. It contains the word Vagina.
"I love cheese" - Buffy Summers