News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Who are you not?

Started by Sibling DavidH, October 02, 2011, 04:02:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sibling DavidH

At the recent Labour Party conference, the new leader Ed Milliband said "'I'm not Tony Blair", which drew both applause and boos from the audience.
(The media said the booers were booing Blair and the applauders approving of Milliband not being him, I but I can't see why it might not have been the other way around.)
Anyway, I've been thinking who I am most eager to state that I'm not.  It's not easy.  We have no politicians worth hating at the moment, and I'm glad I'm not any of them.  Which is no answer.
After much head-scratching I've finally settled on the Pope.

I am not the Pope.

Who do you most want to say you aren't?

Aggie

I am not a normal person!

Yeah, normal is a setting on a washing machine, but that's A#1 for me. I appreciate that I can revel in my own individuality and can shout it out here, because I'm pretty adept at playing normal in everyday life. Y'all tend to get the unedited version here. ;) I was going to say I'm not everyone else, but actually I am everyone else in the twinkie sense. As far as the superficial shit, the mass-consumption consensus values?  I am NOT that.   I wonder how many "normal persons" are actually out there;  I know there are some folks who are totally happy and comfortable with "normality" as they define it, but I think the larger portion of "normals" feel that they aren't normal enough and put themselves through hell about that fact on a constant basis, consciously or subconsciously. All the freaky people make the beauty of the world, folks.  Play normal when needed, but be sure to have at least a few people around you with whom you can let your freak flag fly!
:goatflag:  :rockon:

In terms of individuals....  hmm... there are far too many, but Fred Phelps and Dick Cheney would certainly be on the short list, as representatives of two of the most serious types of evil.  One promotes evil in the name of 'good', and the other promotes evil in the name of money.  The former is more acutely vile, the latter is much more insidious and effective. Cheney's simply a visible and very successful symbol of that type of evil, so I can't say I have anything major against him personally; I'm glad I'm not in geographical proximity to Phelps lest I be tempted to   :axe:
WWDDD?

Griffin NoName

Quote from: Sibling DavidH on October 02, 2011, 04:02:43 PMWe have no politicians worth hating at the moment,

Or loving. Current set of politicians are dull, dull, dull.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Swatopluk

If it's just personal revulsion, then currently Eric Cantor takes the cake (he would take anyone's cake if he could get away with it).
He's one  of the few guys I feel the strong urge to personally hurt, preferably with a blunt object.
More general: I am not an Austrian (or Bavarian for that matter) and most definitely not Roman Catholic. I think each and every place where Roman Catholics officially worship Mary is a legitimate target for carpet bombing, starting with Altötting.
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

Sibling DavidH

Quote from: SwatoI am not an Austrian (or Bavarian for that matter)
Not a lot of difference there, really.

Changed my mind: I've decided that I'd rather not be Cliff Richard than the Pope.

Swatopluk

Quote from: Sibling DavidH on October 03, 2011, 09:28:19 AM
Quote from: SwatoI am not an Austrian (or Bavarian for that matter)
Not a lot of difference there, really.

Better not say that in the presence of either ;)

Opsa

Oh, go ahead and say it. It might confuse them!  ;D

News Flash:
I am not Sarah Palin!

I do not promote guns and Christianity and I am not under the impression that I speak for The American People. Also, I look horrible in red polyester knits and my hair would never stay in a beehive shape. Furthermore I do not shoot at bears and other living things and then call myself "pro-Life".

As for Aggie's post, amen!

pieces o nine

In a new form of the "Spartacus" game:
I am not Sarah Palin, either!

[youtube=425,350]Bh9BmNuqeiQ[/youtube]
I still like this ^ despite my disappointment in him.

I am not Michele Bachmann, nor anyone on Faux News, either!
"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"
--Marquise de Sevigne, February 11, 1677

Opsa

LOL! I love that video!

I am disappointed with the current Pres too, but unfortunately that's pretty much par for the course. I am even more dismayed at the whole two party system and how it prevents any progress.

I'm just so bored with all the finger-pointing over solution finding. It's such a waste of time, when time seems to be at such a premium.

Bluenose

Myers Briggs personality type: ENTP -  "Inventor". Enthusiastic interest in everything and always sensitive to possibilities. Non-conformist and innovative. 3.2% of the total population.

Swatopluk

For the pros and cons of being the Pope and the Sultan check this old song
http://www.ingeb.org/Lieder/derpapst.html