News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

UK Riots

Started by Griffin NoName, August 10, 2011, 04:51:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Griffin NoName

Aha! Cameron has "ruled out race, poverty and spending cuts as factors behind last week's riots" <Guardian>

So that's alright then. These people are just mad, crazy, criminal people then. If so, then so am I.

I know it's stupid to ask, but how can anyone be so blinkered?
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Do you want a politician to publicly admit that his policies have negative consequences? Of course he would deny responsibility, and by extension responsibility of the government, consider what would be expected if now he had to do something about those ruddy people!

Everything it's all right, and it will remain so until the day of his death, in the mean time he might lament not being able to use Siria's Al Assad tactics with the rioters.
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Scriblerus the Philosophe

^ That. And changing things wouldn't benefit his patrons, so to speak.
"Whoever had created humanity had left in a major design flaw. It was its tendency to bend at the knees." --Terry Pratchett, Feet of Clay

Griffin NoName

Quote from: Sibling Zono (anon1mat0) on August 16, 2011, 02:45:05 PM
Do you want a politician to publicly admit that his policies have negative consequences?

Yes. I do.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Don't we all? But seriously, when was the last time you heard a politician say that any of his policies were wrong while in power? Even in memoirs it's quite rare.
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Griffin NoName

Of course. But it's so depressing. One yearns for honesty. Well, I do.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So far they have arrested two and a half thousand rioters and they are locking up a high percentage. Our prisons were already full so goodness knows where they are putting them all. How's that for policy? Comparative costs of youth programmes v. x number of police, court staff, prison costs etc..........
Psychic Hotline Host

Scriblerus the Philosophe

Admitting that kind of shit is weakness, electorally.

Wonderful. :| God, I can't even imagine that huge number of arrests. It's boggling.
"Whoever had created humanity had left in a major design flaw. It was its tendency to bend at the knees." --Terry Pratchett, Feet of Clay