News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Fred Phelps and George Carlin

Started by Aphos, June 29, 2008, 05:24:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aphos

As we all know, Fred Phelps vileness knows no bounds.  In this video, Phelps condemns Carlin to Hell (big surprise).

http://atheistmedia.blogspot.com/2008/06/fred-phelps-george-carlin-is-in-hell.html

Phelps even goes so far as to condemn Jerry Seinfeld to Hell.  And everyone else.

Nice guy...NOT.
--The topologist formerly known as Poincare's Stepchild--

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

In my mind hell is a place where those filled with hate -like Phelps- roam free. That suggests that we live in hell and George Carlin just got an upgrade.  :mrgreen:
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Alpaca

How about he gets himself raptured with all the loonies like him? Sure, he might suffer some self-esteem issues since he won't be able to feel superior and surrounded by sin any more, but the rest of us will have a bit of peace.
There is a pleasure sure to being mad
That only madmen know.
--John Dryden

Scriblerus the Philosophe

I suspect he's only alive because it's illegal to induce rapture for him.

Seriously, what's the point in their ridiculousness? If all the rest of us are going to hell because we don't believe in whatever nonsense Phelps does, why bother protesting at funerals and parades? Why bother preaching that Carlin is going to hell? Can't his people just assume that?
"Whoever had created humanity had left in a major design flaw. It was its tendency to bend at the knees." --Terry Pratchett, Feet of Clay

Bruder Cuzzen

Logic and irony is just not in their vocabulary it seems .

I wonder if compassion and understanding exists for them as well , I wish they would repent .

Sibling Chatty

Phelps is mentally ill. He's always been mentally ill, he's just found ways to channel it that suckered in some people for some time. He's passed that mental illness to some of his children, in fact, beaten it into them.

That basically no human on the planet outside his little cult believes (or understands) the twisted, tortured "logic" he employs in order to plot the nastiness his cult perpetrates, his continued 'value' to the human race is, specifically, that some news management person, somewhere, is giving the orders that his asinine shenanigans be broadcast.

Most totally vile crazy people are hospitalized or imprisoned. This one happened to get a law degree before it could happen. That, and the law degrees compiled by his familial hangers-on are all that has (for a long time) stood between them an a secured facility of some sort.
This sig area under construction.

Aphos

Ah, yes.  That's what we need.  The Fred Phelps Home for the Religiously Deranged.
--The topologist formerly known as Poincare's Stepchild--

Sibling Chatty

Complete with regular beatings with a mattock...
This sig area under construction.

Opsa

Yes, well... we'll just lock the lot all into The Fred Phelps Home for the Religiously Deranged good and tight with a nice pile of mattocks and just let nature take it's course.

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

We can easily expand the Fletcher Memorable Home for Incurable Tyrants and Kings, yes?

That way the Phelps' and the Bush's can enjoy each others company....

(points to anyone who knows where that reference came from....)
Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

Pachyderm

Pink Floyd's The Final Cut?

Or possibly the classic TV prison series Porridge?
Imus ad magum Ozi videndum, magum Ozi mirum mirissimum....

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)