News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Monastery Inmate Clone Survey Service - Survey One

Started by Griffin NoName, October 27, 2006, 04:40:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Are we in fact clones of each other? Which of the following statements applies to you?

love Harry Potter, have an HP Printer, and I'm quite short
have an HP Printer, and I'm quite short
love Harry Potter and I'm quite short
love Harry Potter and have an HP Printer
None of these

Griffin NoName

Recent conversations in the shout box have revealed the possibility that we are all in fact identical. This would not be surprising in a spiritual community, particularly if we have all incarnated from cosmic dust.

The Monastery Inmate Clone Survey Service (MICSS) has been set up to investigate this aspect of the living entities within the Monastery.

From time to time we will be carrying out carefully constructed surveys based on observations by our members.

At this time, we have no baseline. We do not know if we are already identical. Therefore, if at the end of time we are identical, we will not know whether we always were, or whether we have merely grown to be so due to our Monasterial Life.

Let us hope that these surveys will assist future beings to research this important aspect of the Toadfish Monastery and know the truth.

We at MICSS encourage everyone to reveal their true identity here by indicating above what they feel is the truest statement about themselves at this moment in time.

Thank You.

Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Aggie

Love Pratchett, have a Samsung printer, am quite tall. 

;D
WWDDD?

Sibling Spoffish

Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes.
That way, when you DO criticize him, you are a mile away, and have his shoes.

Aggie

WWDDD?

Sibling Chatty

Someone needs to convince Lexmark to make printers that actually work...

Love Prachett, no actual working printer, and I used to be considered tall, but it was an optical illusion.
This sig area under construction.

Aggie

I've a crapper Lexmark of my sister's here...  if it didn't have a scanner bed on it, it's be recycled by now. 
WWDDD?

goat starer

rather tall, have no printer (although my work has a hp one) cant be doing with adults reading childrens books - there are plenty of good sci-fi and fantasy books fopr grownups!!!!
----------------------------------

Best regards

Comrade Goatvara
:goatflag:

"And the Goat shall bear upon him all their iniquities unto a Land not inhabited"

Kiyoodle the Gambrinous

Don't like Harry Potter, don't have an HP printer (actually no printer at all), am quite tall...

Love beer though... :D

I'm back..

Vita Curator

I am petite (I think that sounds better than short, whadda ya think NoName?  You and I are petite  :D), I do have a HP printer and I love Harry Potter and his creator (JK Rowling...she has done much to promote research into MS).

Oh my gosh, NoName, you ARE my clone from across the pond, or maybe we are one in the same person, or twin daughters from different mothers!  :D

Edit: Oh, and I love Pratchett also.  Late bloomer though, having been introduced to the man (in the literary sense) just this year (thank you Aphos and Bob).

Like the guy so much, everyone on my gift list this Christmas is getting a copy of "Good Omens".
Unity is Strength. Knowledge is Power. Attitude is Everything.

Sibling Lambicus the Toluous

I'm noncommital about Harry Potter, don't have an HP printer (but I do have an Epson and a non-working Lexmark!), and am rather tall (6'0").

Based on the number of people who don't love Harry Potter, don't have an HP printer and aren't rather short, it seems we may be made up of TWO groups of clones.

BTW - since when are literature appreciation and printer ownership genetically inherited traits?   ;D

The Meromorph

Love Harry Potter.
Love Pratchett.
Have a Lexmark printer at work, a Canon and an Epson at home.
I'm tall, but often a little short (don't carry money often  ;)).
Dances with Motorcycles.

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

Love Harry Potter
Medium height
Have ancient Brother laser printer

Seems I am unique, based on 2 of 3 characteristics: height & printer-ownership.

USED to own a lexmark, but quickly discovered it's drivers are HUGE, BLOAT-WARE, and it cost more than the printer to replace the stupid ink.  Faugh!
Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

DeadPoet

I'm not really small and never read Harry Potter. But I do own 2 HP printers.

And the printer costing less to replace than the ink is a common thing.. I never bought printer ink, always new printers. It's way cheaper.

Sibling Lambicus the Toluous

With one printer (Lexmark, IIRC) that we had in an office I worked in, we found that the cartridges that came with a new printer hold significantly less ink than ones you buy separately.

Edit: but extra printers are useful for other things, though.  I mean, how are you supposed to build an army of robot minions without a cheap and abundant supply of stepper motors?   ;D

Aggie

Quote from: Sibling Lambicus the Toluous on October 27, 2006, 07:47:43 PM
With one printer (Lexmark, IIRC) that we had in an office I worked in, we found that the cartridges that came with a new printer hold significantly less ink than ones you buy separately.

Aye, my new Samsung is cheaper than the toner cartridge (LASER, JOY!), but the 'starter' cartridge is about 40% the capacity of a replacement cartridge.
WWDDD?