News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

The Revolving Door: Quick hellos

Started by Opsa, November 25, 2011, 03:31:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

What beautiful company* is your provider? Perhaps you should change internet providers and use VOIP (telephone over the internet), it is significantly cheaper.

*here the usual suspects are ATT and Comcast which means that you can choose between Beelzebub and Mephistopheles. Aren't monopolies fun? ::)
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Opsa

Why, the fiendish fabulous Verizon, my dear chap.

They came by on Wednesday and took out what they described as a useless old wire that had been shorting out. I was not (to my knowledge) charged for this visit, as it was miraculously outside of the house.

Really sorry I missed you when you were in town, though.

Earthling

Well, apparently I'm back. For over a year, maybe more than a couple of years, I have been unable to access the monastery. For some unknown reason I got a topic reply notification at work Friday, and when I clicked the link, I was stunned to actually be brought here. I hope everyone is well and feeling fine. The missus and I have had a rather nasty two years, all of our remaining parents have passed away, and a few other unpleasant things involving siblings and tenants have gone over the dam as well. But work is still fun, and most of the kitties are still with us (down to 25 now), so all in all it's still good to be breathing. I hope to be more visible going forward.

Also, there's a whole bunch of lovely beer in the fridge! :mrgreen:
"Heisenberg may have slept here"

Griffin NoName

Hi and welcome back. How strange you could not access the TFM. I wonder what was wrong. If you were a bot or a spammer I assure you, you would be able to access it!!!

Life seems to have been bumpy for you, but then I find, it always is.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

It isn't impossible that one of the blocked spammers used an IP used by your ISP hence blocking you if you had the IP assigned to you afterwards (by DHCP). Were you able to access the front page or not even that?
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Earthling

I had no luck getting even the front page to load. Might have been something in my computer - I have a new work computer now, not a laptop, and have inherited my wife's old (really, really old) tablet for my midnight ramblings at home. For a long time I would take m work laptop home with me as my only means of internet access.
"Heisenberg may have slept here"

Sibling DavidH

How odd, and how sad.  Anyway, you're back now - welcome and let's hope the gremlins will let you stay this time.

Roland Deschain

Hi Earthling. We don't know one another, as i'm relatively new in these here parts, but welcome back. I hope your troubles are able to sort themselves out from now on. Life has certainly thrown itself at you with full force. :(
"I love cheese" - Buffy Summers

Opsa

Hello Earthling! I'm so glad to see you back.

I can relate to the parent passing, as we lost Mr. Ops' dad earlier this year and are just beginning to find our way back to whatever we called normal life before. It can take a lot out of a person. But sounds like you've had more than one death in the family. My heart goes out to you.

pieces o nine

Quote from: Roland DeschainHi Earthling. We don't know one another,

psssst: ye knows this ne'er-do-well as "ET".      ;)

Earthling: good to see you here again!
"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"
--Marquise de Sevigne, February 11, 1677

Roland Deschain

Quote from: pieces o nine on November 19, 2012, 08:57:43 PM
Quote from: Roland DeschainHi Earthling. We don't know one another,

psssst: ye knows this ne'er-do-well as "ET".      ;)

Earthling: good to see you here again!
Doh! Hi ET! We now converse in three places, and know each other quite well (internets-wise). This year has been very trying for you. You have been in my thoughts a lot.
"I love cheese" - Buffy Summers

nefyuBB

rrr  hi gang ,I still can't remember my BC password so ... the wee blightarr known as nefyoo will have to do. I am selling the farm and moving west. I am not certain what I am going to do now . Bugger being trained as designer with limited sight . I've given away almost everything. I have a bit left for Dan , does he still pop in ? Maybe he would like some tools. I lost many numbers and addresses these last few years . Life has not been very fun for many reasons . Oh well... could be worse. Argh

Aggie

Brudder Cuzzin!  Hurrah! Glad to hear from you, it's been far too long.

How far west are you heading?
WWDDD?

Griffin NoName

Great to see you, but sorry life has not been kind to you. I've sent you "nefyuBB" a PM about BC.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

nefyuBB

Quote from: Aggie on December 11, 2012, 05:50:10 AM
Brudder Cuzzin!  Hurrah! Glad to hear from you, it's been far too long.

How far west are you heading?

I have BC in mind , much family and friends there . I think I will get there via the territories ... whatever . I intend to impose myself upon many victims along the way. Hehe