News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Penguins in Space

Started by Griffin NoName, April 14, 2012, 02:49:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Griffin NoName

Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

How long until they complain about privacy issues? ;) :P
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Sibling DavidH

^ Exactly. Now we shall see a posse of bearded lefties protesting on their behalf, a gang of Mormons going out to convert them, a plague of oily men in suits trying to sell them financial products and a horde of paparazzi trying to expose their extramarital affairs  ......

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

If they can count penguins? 

What else can they see from space... ?

... I'm just sayin' ... that Swinger Bar-B-Que the neighbors put on every month is not as private an affair as they thought...   :devil2:
Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

Sibling DavidH

And they can prolly see through your bedroom ceiling with supa zappa rays, or some such.

Opsa

But why would they bother with flabby old white people like us when all those penguins are out there making hot whoopie on the ice? Could they, in fact, be responsible for global warming?

Griffin NoName

Eek! Counting penguins from space contributes to global warming?
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Quote from: Sibling DavidH on April 14, 2012, 12:24:41 PM
^ Exactly. Now we shall see a posse of bearded lefties protesting on their behalf, a gang of Mormons going out to convert them, a plague of oily men in suits trying to sell them financial products and a horde of paparazzi trying to expose their extramarital affairs  ......
You forgot the oil execs desperately asking themselves how many can be killed to explore and exploit the ground underneath.

pieces o nine

Clearly these flagrantly amoral penguins have not heard the Good News, necessitating more than one church congregation to pony up for a Mission...
"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"
--Marquise de Sevigne, February 11, 1677

Aphos

Quote from: Sibling DavidH on April 14, 2012, 12:24:41 PM

No.  Mormons can just baptize them after they die.
--The topologist formerly known as Poincare's Stepchild--

Aggie

Quote from: Sibling Zono (anon1mat0) on April 14, 2012, 10:40:41 PM
You forgot the oil execs desperately asking themselves how many can be killed to explore and exploit the ground underneath.

Underneath? Those birds are full of oil already. ;)

How does the fossil fuel industry make sure there are no issues with Arctic sea ice and polar bears to get in the way of Arctic drilling? Burn more fossil fuels! ::)  I imagine it's the same down south, although there is at least a landmass there.
WWDDD?

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Money is a terrible adviser, this weekend we went to a local event in a park/reserve in honor of the day of the Earth, and in the showcase there was an wild animal hospital which took the opportunity to release two land turtles into the park. The honor to release one of the turtles was given to a city commissioner who after making some awkward faces while handling the turtle, confessed that he was a developer and that the existence of these turtles would stop any development because those are threatened. I couldn't stop wondering if he loathed the critters but had to make face because it was a public event.

Opsa

If I was that turtle, I would have pooped on him.

Roland Deschain

As a founder member of the NPSA (National Penguin Security Agency), I must admonish the OP for posting this. We do not exist, and have never existed. All alleged monitoring is for your security and comfort. Do not adjust your set.

Quote from: Opsa on April 16, 2012, 09:52:09 PM
If I was that turtle, I would have pooped on him.
This. :mrgreen:
"I love cheese" - Buffy Summers