News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Relativity

Started by Griffin NoName, August 12, 2010, 02:38:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Griffin NoName

QuoteThe theory of relativity is a mathematical system that allows no exceptions. It is heavily promoted by liberals who like its encouragement of relativism and its tendency to mislead people in how they view the world.[1] Here is a list of 28 counterexamples: any one of them shows that the theory is incorrect.

Fascinating!
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

The Meromorph

Conservapedia is a hoot!  :o :o
Dances with Motorcycles.

Swatopluk

Nazies and Commies did not like Herr Einstein's theories either, this bourgeois cosmopolitan pacifist non-Aryan.

Also he could not explain this blessed miracle
http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/random-book-blogging-how-chuck-pierce-and-company-caused-earthquake
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

Sibling DavidH

Quote. The action-at-a-distance by Jesus, described in John 4:46-54.
:ROFL:

QuoteIn this post, we take a look at how Pierce, along with Peter Wagner and his wife Doris, caused an earthquake in Turkey.
Clearly a very christian thing to do.  :mrgreen:

Swatopluk

Yes, love lets the earth shake beaneth you.

Since when is Jesus bound by natural laws? I thought god was defined as super-natural.
And, as someone else has written about the example, it does not follow from the text. How long would action at light speed have taken at the given distance? What clock available to the participants could have measured the difference between instantaneous action and the 'slower' relativistic one?
Also, since God knows everything before it happens, what would have prevented him to do the healing before asked for it?

Btw, given that heaven is a bit farther away than thought at the time, Jesus should still be on the ascension (by now about 2000 light years away). Do prayers have to consider the relativistic Doppler effect?

Sibling DavidH

Quote(by now about 2000 light years away)

What acceleration does he achieve with that particular spacedrive?
Will he have to turn over and begin deceleration halfway, or will they catch him in some kind of net at the heavenly end?

QuoteDo prayers have to consider the relativistic Doppler effect?

No sweat - his Dad will magically record them and play them back very slowly.

Swatopluk

Which might also explain why it usually takes so long.

Given the accelerated expansion of space it might take soem time before Space Jesus reaches the edge of the area we can observe. He could aim for a black hole too but there in none known in our vicinity.

Btw, I have a Baptist Hymnal that contains a song praying for the safety of astronauts.

Bluenose

Actually, Space Jeebus even travelling at the speed of light will still never reach the edge of the observable universe.  The edge is also receding at the speed of light, it is currently about 13.7 billion light years away, but every year it gets one light year further away.  Of course, there is no reason to assume that the edge of the observable universe is the edge of tha actual uiverse - we can imagine an observer at the edge our observable universe seeing us at the edge of his, and looking the other way a further 13.7 billion light years more universe that whilst observable to him, is not observable to us, unless we wait another 13.7 billion years for our edge to grow that far.  Of course, by then our observer will still be able to observe 13.7 billion light years even further than us in that direction.
Myers Briggs personality type: ENTP -  "Inventor". Enthusiastic interest in everything and always sensitive to possibilities. Non-conformist and innovative. 3.2% of the total population.

Swatopluk

I was talking about just getting out of the part observable to us (because heaven must be at least that far away). That the 'edge' recedes itself at light speed does not matter because space carries you with it. It's like the worm/ant/whatever on the expanding rubber band. But it takes quite long. Before getting out of side of Earth, Earth will not be there anymore. Hopefully the great prophet Zarquon will return before that.

Aphos

Gotta laugh at Schafly's "logic" about action at a distance and the speed of light limit.  According to him, the boy was healthy immediately after Jesus spoke, proving it was "instantaneous".

However, limited to the speed of light it would have taken less than on millisecond to get from Jesus to the boy.  In Jesus' time, I don't think the idea of a millisecond even existed, and even a whole second would likely be thought of as instantaneous.

Of course, Schafly is a nut about a lot of things, not just relativity.
--The topologist formerly known as Poincare's Stepchild--

Swatopluk

Maybe she should disable the relativistic correction on her GPS (should she use one).

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Wait, the theory of relativity must be opposed because it promotes philosophical relativism?!?!?!
---
Right of the bat I can think of entaglement and tunnel effect as phenomena that doesn't seem to follow relativity but both are quantic in nature and subject to the uncertainty principle (at least at our current knowledge level).

To say that the list is disingenuous is a monumental understatement.

Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Swatopluk

But Einstein himself said that god does not play dice with the universe.

If there is something relativistic in the philosophical sense then it is quantum theory. The theory of relativity on the otehr hand states that at least one thing is not relative at all.

And isn't determinism (=anti-quantum) central part of Calvinism, the vulgar version of which is the link between rabid gready capitalism and RW Kristianity(TM)?

Sibling DavidH

It's ascension day again.  Jebus has travelled for another two years since we last discussed this, and I'd love to know how fast he's going now, whether he's still accelerating and how far he still has to go.
Heaven only knows.

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

He can travel in one of the 10/11/26 dimensions proposed by string theory and avoid relativistic effects. Supposedly he has an inexhaustible source of energy so he can travel as fast and far as he wants... provided he fits the dimension in which he is traveling.
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.