News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

HAPPY NEW YEAR...

Started by Afterglow, December 29, 2006, 09:01:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Afterglow

JUST HERE but sometimes THERE!

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Feliz Año!

May be Woodie will have a better one in '07 ;)
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Kiyoodle the Gambrinous

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

(and cheers)

I'm back..

Vita Curator

Happy New Year to all of my sweet poppet siblings!

You have my permission to get totally wasted but no drinking and driving eh? 

Wherever you are partying, find someone to curl up with and sleep over.   ;)

Love you guys and gals!

Hugs,
Vita

PS:  I'll give that Courvoisier XO Imperiale another try. HIC!
Unity is Strength. Knowledge is Power. Attitude is Everything.

Griffin NoName

Happpy Four Hours into the New Year !!

Very wet one here. Hailstones !!
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

Happy New Year, y'all.

If anyone is celebratin' with traditional spirits- remember not to drive later; splurge on a taxi if you must. :)

It's 20 minutes until the witching hour, 'round these parts (Central US Time)and I'm 'celebrating' as usual by watching TV. <grin>

Ooooh-- there goes some fireworks from down the street. Cool.  Goes nice with the cop-car's red lights flashing just outside my front door (stopped someone cutting through my 'hood a bit too fast).

When I was in Jr High, I really did think we'd have a Hilton Hotel on the moon by now ... *sigh*

Flying Cars! Where are the Flying Cars? I was promised Flying Cars by now...
Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

Sibling Chatty

Not too many fireworks this year!! YAY for NOT having to hold a shaking dog.

Mom home from hospital. Diagnosis? She's--old.

DUH. ::) ::) ::)
This sig area under construction.

Opsa

LOL! That's what we pay the docs the big bucks for, right Chatty?

Happy Happy New Year to all siblings, past, present and future. You make me glad every day!

We went to a First Night celebration for a couple of hours last night. It was rainy here, but most of the events were inside. My fave was the Groucho Marx magician. His tricks were so quaint and his little asides make me cackle. plus, he was a heckuva steel drum player!  I was glad when we went home, though. Fog was coming in and I worried about the drunks who might try to drive in it later. Let's hope they imbibed at home and stayed safe. I didn't hear any sirens, so maybe they did.

I made it past midnight! Had champagne in little crystal glasses with bamboo etched in them that an old friend found at a yard sale for me so long ago. I wondered where he was. It made me a little sad to think we had lost touch, but I guess that's what Auld lang Syne is all about, isn't it?

goat starer

Happy New year my festive toadfish chums!
----------------------------------

Best regards

Comrade Goatvara
:goatflag:

"And the Goat shall bear upon him all their iniquities unto a Land not inhabited"

Sibling Lambicus the Toluous

Happy New Year, all!

Quote from: Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith on January 01, 2007, 05:45:36 AM
When I was in Jr High, I really did think we'd have a Hilton Hotel on the moon by now ... *sigh*

Flying Cars! Where are the Flying Cars? I was promised Flying Cars by now...

I've felt like I was in "the Future" since 1996 (i.e. the year that the Genetic Wars would begin, according to the original Star Trek).   ;D

I'm perfectly okay without flying cars, since I know that every car I see broken down on the side of the highway would have been a horrible fiery crash if it had broken down while 1000+ feet in the air.

I don't trust people enough to not fall on my house for me to let them loose with flying cars.   ;)

beagle

Happy New Year,

Bob and I are the same vintage. Not only Flying cars are missing, but we were told:

All civil aircraft would be super/hypersonic (and nuclear if you believed Thunderbirds).

Computers would think.

We'd all have so much leisure time we wouldn't know what to do with it.

The oil would run out by about 1990. It wouldn't matter though because nuclear fusion was just round the corner (and has been since at least 1955).

We were probably entering a new Ice Age.

The angels have the phone box

Quote from: beagle on January 02, 2007, 05:04:44 PM
Happy New Year,

Bob and I are the same vintage. Not only Flying cars are missing, but we were told:

All civil aircraft would be super/hypersonic (and nuclear if you believed Thunderbirds).

Computers would think.

We'd all have so much leisure time we wouldn't know what to do with it.

The oil would run out by about 1990. It wouldn't matter though because nuclear fusion was just round the corner (and has been since at least 1955).

We were probably entering a new Ice Age.

Yeah.  Contrast the line I embolded with the sitch as it is today.  In the 50's and 60's single-income families did okay for themselves.

The SAME strata of families today requires dual-income just to keep afloat.

Hmmmm.  No flying nuclear-powered cars with self-aware robot drivers AND we are working HARDER than ever before....

I, for one, blame the republicans!  :P ;D

Griffin NoName

Quote from: beagle on January 02, 2007, 05:04:44 PMWe were probably entering a new Ice Age.

which was presumably not our own fault in those days..... :'(
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Teripie

Happy New Year Sibs! (A wee bit late perhaps.)
My brilliant son gifted me with a shiny new computer and I am just now finding my way around it. I feel as though I've stepped into the 21st Century, computer-wise. (Well, come to think of it, I did, as my old puter is a 1998 model!)

So I'm back and badder then ever!

Quote from: Teripie on January 04, 2007, 01:50:55 AM
Happy New Year Sibs! (A wee bit late perhaps.)
My brilliant son gifted me with a shiny new computer and I am just now finding my way around it. I feel as though I've stepped into the 21st Century, computer-wise. (Well, come to think of it, I did, as my old puter is a 1998 model!)

So I'm back and badder then ever!

Welcome Back!  Did you get a high-speed internet hook to go with? :)