News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Faithful flocking to new iconography...

Started by Sibling Chatty, September 10, 2008, 05:41:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sibling Chatty

This sig area under construction.

Griffin NoName

Seems conclusive to me.

Only one minor doubt.

Quote from: theonion
Available for sale are everything from small wooden shards alleged to be fragments of the "One True Beagle"

I've met the one true Beagle and he didn't have a peg leg so I suspect these fragments are a hoax set up by unscrupulous market traders.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Swatopluk

Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

Opsa

pieces o nine

Quote from: Griffin NoName

Seems conclusive to me.

Only one minor doubt.

Available for sale are everything from small wooden shards alleged to be fragments of the "One True Beagle"

I've met the one true Beagle and he didn't have a peg leg so I suspect these fragments are a hoax set up by unscrupulous market traders.

To paraphrase Chaucer:
QuoteBut sirs, one word I have forgotten to say. Here in my bag I have relics and indulgences, as fair as any man's in Britain, which were given to me by Darwin's own hand.
"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"
--Marquise de Sevigne, February 11, 1677

Aggie

WWDDD?

beagle

Quote from: Griffin NoName on September 10, 2008, 07:21:52 AM

Seems conclusive to me.

Only one minor doubt.

I wore a long dress to hide it. The next time we do the Brief Encounter bit it's your turn to be Celia Johnson.

The angels have the phone box

Swatopluk

I fear expect for movie nerds and Englishmen nobody will get that :mrgreen:

Griffin NoName

Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

beagle

She would have done if she had legs like mine.

Griffin NoName

A mystery. I just searched the whole internet for Celia Johnson's legs. I don't think she had any; all the pics are waist up, except for one where just a bit of calf can be seen if you squint.

The only station platform still I could find she actually only seems to have one leg. It's a sort of blurred spindle. Must be the way she walks.
Psychic Hotline Host

pieces o nine

Sadly, I don't know who you are talking about, but someone of that name appears to have leg-like appendages -- [at least from below kneecap to above ankle] --  here.
"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"
--Marquise de Sevigne, February 11, 1677

beagle

She was an English actress who in Brief Encounter played a middle-class suburban housewife who almost had an extra-marital affair, but settled for cups of tea in a station waiting room instead. 

"This can't last. This misery can't last. I must remember that and try to control myself. Nothing lasts really. Neither happiness nor despair. Not even life lasts very long. There'll come a time in the future when I shan't mind about this anymore. But I can look back and say quite peacefully and cheerfully how silly I was. "

Apparently the tea wasn't very good.

edit:

I believe the Hollywood remake version may have been retitled "Debbie does Dallas"  :o

Swatopluk

beagle

We must belong to different video libraries :)