News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

My Hill

Started by Griffin NoName, September 26, 2006, 12:05:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sibling Qwertyuiopasd

Last week I kept staying up longer than I normally do, but this time I slept from 3pm-1:30am, which makes me happy.

but it means most of my time will be spent reading the SCARLET letter on my hill!

Utter, gratuitous, JOY.
Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one them, it gets up and kills. The poeple it kills get up and kill!

http://qwertysvapourtrail.blogspot.com/

Scriblerus the Philosophe

I actually ended up enjoying that book. Enough I'd read it again, anyway. It's like Grapes of Wrath--really, really depressing but has a mysteriously addicting ending.

All right, I might have enjoyed GoW because I know the county south of mine banned it.  ;D Too many ideas them e-legals that's literate might see. What's nauseating is that that my county makes theirs look liberal
"Whoever had created humanity had left in a major design flaw. It was its tendency to bend at the knees." --Terry Pratchett, Feet of Clay

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

Not a huge Steinbeck fan...in fact, I assiduously avoided Steinbeck whenever I was able to do so.   Not my cupatea.

I misspent my youth reading the likes of Robert Heinlein, Iaasic Asimov, Author C Clarke, Jules Verne, H.G. Wells, Ray Bradbury, Robert Silverburg, Anne McCaffrey, Andre Norton....to just name a few off the top of my head.

Aaaah, childhood reading favorites.

To be sure, I also read all of Beverly Cleary's stuff as well....and all of the Black Beauty series, and some Jack London... got to have a well rounded reading schedule, you know. 

Ought to be going to bed on My Hill, but too keyed up.... *bleah*
Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

Griffin NoName

Another 3 hour night on My Hill.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Quote from: Griffin NoName on September 26, 2008, 07:33:46 AM

Another 3 hour night on My Hill.

I'm so sorry.

I could recommend some very boring reading material..... perhaps a recent speech of Bush?   No, that would just either make you go, "WTF?" or just get you riled up or somethin'

Hmmm.

Perhaps some warm milk?

How about thoughts of warm milk, sent your way.....

Sending Thoughts of sleepiness to Griffin on My Hill.  (who knows? Maybe some will rub off back to me....? )

Griffin NoName

Thoughts of sleepiness reached My Hill and laid me out until 15:45 pm - not much day left on My Hill.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Sibling Chatty

Needing some sleepiness on My Hill.

One hour per night does NOT cut it.
This sig area under construction.

:( I'm sorry, Chatty.

Upper 80's, humid, cloudy, and still (mostly) on my hill. :) Makes me kind of happy, and I want a cup of sweet tea, a screened-patio, and a swing bench when I go outside.
"Whoever had created humanity had left in a major design flaw. It was its tendency to bend at the knees." --Terry Pratchett, Feet of Clay

Sibling Qwertyuiopasd

just sugaring up and checking on websites on my hill before hitting the sack. Maybe work on some music first.

Where's that old thread of mine...

~Qwerty
Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one them, it gets up and kills. The poeple it kills get up and kill!

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Violin lesson for my son on My Hill
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Rain! Rain on my Hill!  :mrgreen: I love the rain and we don't get nearly enough.

Griffin NoName

Zero hours night's sleep returns to My Hill; seriously dislike deja vue.
Psychic Hotline Host

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Standing on my hill waiting for the concert to start.
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Listening to Eric Cartman and Karma fight it out.... South Park's episode where Cartman inherits $1mill, buys an amusement park for his own exclusive use, discovers there's more to owning a park than riding it.... Karma.   Meanwhile, Kyle looses his faith because of what he perceives Cartman (an ~sshole's ~sshole) to be getting ahead....

.... one of the more philosophical SP episodes on My Hill. 

Sibling Qwertyuiopasd

We Are Rolling - Martin, Medesk & Wood

now it's Whistling Dave - Scooter

EDIT::

Damn it Bob!

~Qwerty in a quantum state of threads. (oh my hill)