News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

My Hill

Started by Griffin NoName, September 26, 2006, 12:05:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Griffin NoName

Megga Disaster on My Hill; fan on laptop broken; I may be gone some time; I cannot function without my laptop; no need to send out search parties; I shall be in the isolation cave on My Hill.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

Quote from: Griffin NoName on August 25, 2008, 04:14:30 PM
Megga Disaster on My Hill; fan on laptop broken; I may be gone some time; I cannot function without my laptop; no need to send out search parties; I shall be in the isolation cave on My Hill.

Hook up a shop vacuum to the outlet port.  Turn on shop vac.  Enjoy!

If you don't like the noise, purchase one of those ceiling fan controllers, and wire it into the shop vac, to slow it down by about 1/2.   
Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Or you could buy something like this or this.
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Sibling Chatty

That second one looks nifty!!

I love stuff with USB ports. No crawling around to plug thing in...unlike with the Frankenputer.

Frankenputer's monitor is acting badly...can't imagine why. Same monitor I've had for 8 or 9 years.

I almost had to slap it during the convention coverage.

We've been watching the convention on My Hill.
This sig area under construction.

Scriblerus the Philosophe

Terribly sleepy on my hill. Wanting to make a coffee run, but I am in class (anthropology, actually. ;)) and therefore cannot scoot to the nearest decent coffee place. DX
"Whoever had created humanity had left in a major design flaw. It was its tendency to bend at the knees." --Terry Pratchett, Feet of Clay

Aggie

Caffeine pills were always considered a must-have for post-secondary education on My Hill due to the portability and 'instant kick' factor (if taken sublingually, provided one can stand the taste). For studying purposes, they're MUCH more effective at maintaining functional alertness when combined with good-quality ginseng powder or extract. 

Mind you, I got hooked on coffee because I was accustomed to using caffeine rather than getting hooked on caffeine because I was accustomed to drinking coffee. Pills are still cheaper, more portable, easier to measure/divide dosage and IMO have less potential health consequences, but I like the taste of coffee, so I only keep pills around for long drives now. ;)

Green tea pwns both in terms of health benefits though, is cheap, and is practical to make by the cup if one can scam a source of hot water.  The downside is that the caffeine levels are too low to give you that initial kick, but it makes a great maintenance dose after that first cup of coffee.

Pure caffeine crystals are very nice but are somewhat of a pain to prepare and difficult to dose. 

I IZ CAFFEINE JUNKIE....
WWDDD?

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

I'm told, that in some parts of the world, people directly eat roasted coffee beans.  You can even get them covered in chocolate.

I've never tried it myself, but I'm told it's akin to drinking strong coffee.

Mild chest-based allergies, today on My Hill.

Rare afternoon off-- am going back to bed, shortly-- to rest up.   Feel like I've been hammered on by a sadistic Swedish masseuse*.

* in other words-- by a professional.
Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

Aggie

Quote from: Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith on August 26, 2008, 08:02:33 PM
I'm told, that in some parts of the world, people directly eat roasted coffee beans.  You can even get them covered in chocolate.

I've never tried it myself, but I'm told it's akin to drinking strong coffee.

Ayuh, the chocolate ones are GOOD (but expensive), and I'll nibble beans on occasion (especially if tasting bulk coffee prior to purchase).

We had a bag on hand (chocos) one New Year's Eve when I was still working as a cook.  I think I must have eaten at least a 1/2 lb to myself and was FLYYYYYING......   (helped keep up with the busyness).
WWDDD?

Griffin NoName

Looks like I may need a new motherboard on My Hill.  Motherboard? Hell, I need a whole new family on My Hill.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

For the laptop? It sure will be cheaper to buy a new one.
---
Goofing with work to do on My Hill
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

I think I could stand straight coffee beans if they were coated in chocolate--we sell chocolate-covered espresso beans at work, actually, but I haven't tried them (and must avoid chocolate  :'()
I've had Redline recommended to me (and they sell it on my college campus) as a good way to stay awake and alert, but I'm a bit wary of it. I tend to drink a cup of coffee and an oj or something else with vitamin c, as I'm totally out of it without said vitamin (even with the coffee). I also find that I like Vitamin Water.

Getting ready to brave the heat in the name of coffee on my Hill. The nearest decent coffee place is only about a block away, but its friggin' hot!
"Whoever had created humanity had left in a major design flaw. It was its tendency to bend at the knees." --Terry Pratchett, Feet of Clay

Aggie

Holy crap!  They sell beverages with yohimbine in them?!

Scary-ass list of ingredients in that (besides the sucralose).  Way too many indoles for it to be on the open market, IMHO.

Where can I get some on My Hill? :mrgreen:

Agree on the Vit C - I'm a huge fan - even if I piss most of it away it's good all around (meh, or a great placebo).

I'd also recommend B complex - B50 or B100 (just refers to the amount of each B vitamin in mg), if you are not already taking them.  Probably the most significant positive effect on energy of any daily vitamin I've tried, and pretty harmless in moderation.

For energy drinks, I stick to Beaver Buzz, but don't use them except for fieldwork for the most part.  Lots of B vitamins and caffeine.
WWDDD?

Griffin NoName

Even new motherboards fail on My Hill. I want a new fatherboard so I can make my own baby boards on My Hill.
Psychic Hotline Host

Griffin NoName

Stretching shoes on My Hill.
Psychic Hotline Host

Quote from: Agujjim on August 28, 2008, 12:13:56 AM
Holy crap!  They sell beverages with yohimbine in them?!

Scary-ass list of ingredients in that (besides the sucralose).  Way too many indoles for it to be on the open market, IMHO.

Where can I get some on My Hill? :mrgreen:

Agree on the Vit C - I'm a huge fan - even if I piss most of it away it's good all around (meh, or a great placebo).

I'd also recommend B complex - B50 or B100 (just refers to the amount of each B vitamin in mg), if you are not already taking them.  Probably the most significant positive effect on energy of any daily vitamin I've tried, and pretty harmless in moderation.

For energy drinks, I stick to Beaver Buzz, but don't use them except for fieldwork for the most part.  Lots of B vitamins and caffeine.
I already search for B vitamins when I buy energy drinks. :mrgreen: VitaminWater is pretty good about putting Bs in their stuff.
As for redline, I can totally ship you some. :D

Currently re-downloading all my music on my hill, since I deleted all of it this afternoon.