News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

My Hill

Started by Griffin NoName, September 26, 2006, 12:05:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sibling Chatty

Saying YAY for good results on My Hill.

Working where I did in the eyecare industry, I generally saw the people who had the NOT successful surgery results.

Getting ready to go to the precinct convention/caucuses on My Hill, and pissed as hell that Hillary filed a freakin' lawsuit about the way they're done. Does she have morons for advisers?? Wanna piss a Texan off? come in and tell 'em that something they've been doing that's WORKED for years is worth you filin' a frivolous lawsuit about.

Goin' to participate a really interesting show tonight!! My Hill's about hyped!! :woohoo:

This sig area under construction.

Griffin NoName

another bad night on My Hill
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Sibling Chatty

:hug:

:pat: :pat: :pat: :partyglass: ?

:-*

from My Hill

Griffin NoName

alcohol is beyond me on My Hill; I cannot even drown it all; hell, I can't even contemplate The Admiral Benbow; what mean designer made me in an image where alcohol makes everything ten times worse? I want new genes on My Hill.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

pieces o nine

"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"
--Marquise de Sevigne, February 11, 1677

Griffin NoName

Quote from: Griffin NoName on March 04, 2008, 09:58:48 PM

another chunk of case study written today on My Hill; now I just have to write another 400 words, remove about 800 other words, rewrite another 750 words, find apt quotations and remove enough words to insert them and do the bibliogrpahy, then check it meets all the targets; My Hill is feeling a little overwhelming; could even say My Hill is just very very very slightly less bogged down than last time I wrote this paragraph

another two chunks of case study written on My Hill and 255 words removed; now I just have to write another 100 words, remove about another 1025 other words, rewrite another 750 words, find apt quotations and remove enough further words to insert them and do the bibliogrpahy, then check it meets all the targets; My Hill is still feeling overwhelming; but could say My Hill is just very very very slightly less bogged down than last time I wrote that it was very very slightly less bogged down

however, handing it in on Monday as I thought might be possible is not going to happen
Psychic Hotline Host

pieces o nine

The journey of ten thousand words begins with a single keystroke...
"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"
--Marquise de Sevigne, February 11, 1677

Sibling Chatty

Can you set up a random phrase generator with all the instructors favorite catchphrases and just let it go?

I would do that, but then I'm badly behaved.

Truth in advertising on My Hill.

Griffin NoName

No, but I could buy an essay off the web. However, the secret of My Hill is to make oneself ill complying with irrational and stupid requests like having to be honest and meet targets. This odd psychological disease is not well described in the literature. It is under-diagnosed and it is believed accurate death reporting wiould show up the pattern clearly.

Meanwhile in other news: a two hour sleep has broken out on My Hill. This is thought unlikley to re-balance the books.
Psychic Hotline Host

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

Returning to the scene of Yesterday's "last day". ::)

Turns out that there was insufficient adjustment in the fan speed pulley, and we had to have another one ordered.  Install today.

Turnover to the new owners of that place is tomorrow.  Riiiiiight.  But at least it won't be because of anything _we_ [my partner and I] are responsible for.

(had to come back to the "big" city, Tulsa, for the new part.  Bad thing about uber-small town construction sites. Nothing out of the ordinary.)

I wouldn't mind all that much, except it snowed in the meantime, and we'll have to drive through it now.

Not looking forward to driving on slick streets On My Hill.
Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

Pachyderm

Got friends coming round to dinner on My Hill. Cooking is commencing. Tomorrow, leaving My Hill, and returning to My Parent's Hill for the rest of the week. Hooray! Back to civilisation! Away from the West Midlands! Hooray!
Imus ad magum Ozi videndum, magum Ozi mirum mirissimum....

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

Thought I'd finally lost my main PC last night, on My Hill.

Main monitor went black, and would not come back from "sleep".

So, I jiggled the signal cords and *ooops!* I smelled the magic smoke!* 

Oh No! 

It seems that I had not fastened my video card down properly... now the stupid PC won't boot at all.

Power off for the night, and forget about it.

This morning (day off) I looked at it again, and tried re-boot.  PC hung in the black screen (on my 2nd monitor-- main one was still out at this point), not even so much as a *beep*.

Alas.  It could be the motherboard.  But, it could also be the Video card (fortunately, it's my backup-- I never did get around to re-installing my main video board.... soo). 

I reinstalled my main video card, and began checking cables.  Found the problem with the main monitor-- power cord had come loose (Doh!)

Hit the power switch.  Viola!  It works!  I had my monitor (signal) cables backwards, so the screen's orientations were "off". A quick swap fixed that, too.

I'm back up and running.

For now.  :) ::)

* All and I do mean all electronics are made with magic smoke. It is the last ingredient they put into those tiny chips, and it Makes Them Go.  The smoke must not, repeat must not be allowed to escape, or else the electronics in question Will Not Work. Anyone with experience in electronics know this, even if they refuse to divulge the secret.  And, yes, Magic Smoke has a distinctive smell, too.
Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

Griffin NoName

failure to attend supervision on My Hill as too tired to cope with high winds and rain and the fear of being blown over outweighed my zeal; frantically calculating how the lost minutes** will affect those needed to obtain the vital piece of paper I am chasing; pondering whether The G-ds are against me sending this weather

**need X hours supervision for Y client hours or one disappears in a puff of smoke. The "lost" supervision is cannot be rescheduled, it is lost for ever
Psychic Hotline Host

Griffin NoName

Quote from: Griffin NoName on March 07, 2008, 02:01:53 AM
another two chunks of case study written on My Hill and 255 words removed; now I just have to write another 100 words, remove about another 1025 other words, rewrite another 750 words, find apt quotations and remove enough further words to insert them and do the bibliogrpahy, then check it meets all the targets; My Hill is still feeling overwhelming; but could say My Hill is just very very very slightly less bogged down than last time I wrote that it was very very slightly less bogged down

540 words removed from case study and 400 rewritten; have to write another 100 words, remove about another 500 other words, rewrite another 350 words, find apt quotations and remove enough further words to insert them and do the bibliogrpahy, then check it meets all the targets; My Hill is still feeling overwhelming; but My Hill is experiencing strong winds and rain rather than being bogged down

If you all are bored with news of My Hill, think how bored I am ;)

In other news, we are on FLood Watch, but this is a bit pointless as we are on flood watch about 50% of the year so I doubt anyone takes any notice.
Psychic Hotline Host

Griffin NoName

Quote from: Griffin NoName on March 11, 2008, 06:27:48 PM
540 words removed from case study and 400 rewritten; have to write another 100 words, remove about another 500 other words, rewrite another 350 words, find apt quotations and remove enough further words to insert them and do the bibliogrpahy, then check it meets all the targets; My Hill is still feeling overwhelming; but My Hill is experiencing strong winds and rain rather than being bogged down

If you all are bored with news of My Hill, think how bored I am ;)

The case study first draft minus conclusion has been polished and printed out on My Hill; now I must find apt quotations and remove enough further words to insert them and the conclusion and add the bibliogrpahy, then check it meets all the targets;  I cannot believe I have been working on this wretched thing since October; more amazing is that it reads like a comprehensive piece of work rather than a lot of unconnected bits of drivel which is how it was writen; I am happier with it than I thought I'd be; My Hill being a mountainous area, response to this happiness is being swamped by fear that when submitted the whole thing will be thrown back and I will be told to start all over again with another case to write up instead......... if Life throws shit one gets to believe shit will arrive..... and 50p has been added to the tax on spirits in the budget today.

:catroll:
Psychic Hotline Host