News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

My Hill

Started by Griffin NoName, September 26, 2006, 12:05:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sibling Qwertyuiopasd

thats actually kind of genius....
Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one them, it gets up and kills. The poeple it kills get up and kill!

http://qwertysvapourtrail.blogspot.com/

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

Quote from: Sibling Qwertyuiopasd on October 30, 2006, 08:03:54 PM
thats actually kind of genius....

Accidental one, if so!

Discovered quite by accident, when I went to change my clock (similar to yours) I had to pull the cord to get at the controls.  It was loose, and came undone.

When I plugged it back in, I realized it was going to be MUCH FASTER than what I had been prepared to do.  Remembered that trick for future reference.

On my hill
Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

Sibling Chatty

My favorite clock while I was in college was part of a set of stuff...a wastebasket, deskpad and clock that were all emblazoned with the recently indicted and resigned Vice President Spiro T. Agnew. The ONLY way to set the clock was to sit with it, waiting until the proper moment to put the battery in, so that the time would be accurate.

This was all stuff that was going to be distributed an a College Republican convention where the person that I married (10 years later) was a planning official. The indictment and resignation made them eliminate the 10 'gift sets' for the leadership, and I managed to score one by fancy footwork, and threats and intimidation...

The ten that were sent to Texas were the only ones ever sent out. All the rest were destroyed. They tried to get the ten back, but it was too late. That all was among the stuff I lost in a flood.

Wishing I still had my Spiro T. Agnew Trash Can on My Hill.
This sig area under construction.

Sibling Kephra (Tansy)

Well *my* Hill is decorated wonderfully with pumpkins and dead guys on my front porch that we've dubbed 'Lumpy'.  :D
Insanity takes it's toll; please have correct change.

Scriblerus the Philosophe

My Hill is filled with speculations as to whether pesticides are linked to autism, hang-overs (not on my part, since I don't drink, and I didn't eat THAT much sugar:)) and a lack of sleep.
"Whoever had created humanity had left in a major design flaw. It was its tendency to bend at the knees." --Terry Pratchett, Feet of Clay

The Meromorph

Suddenly freezing my fingers off on My Hill.
Some Lawyer must have opened his heart somewhere nearby.  :P
Dances with Motorcycles.

Went out w/out my hat on My Hill, today.  Went to "service" one of those old furnaces that are so old, that the only thing you can do to service it is, carefully open it up, and see if it's actually working.  Try not to touch anything (lest it break).  Confirm the pilot light is lit, and stays lit during operation.  Check that the flames are more or less blowing where they ought (and not where they shouldn't).  Sniff a vent nearest the output for the scent of flue-gasses (rough-and-ready test of the integrity of the heat exchanger).  Button it back up, and hope it lasts until spring.

*sigh*  don't folk realize they could do these things themselves, and save $$?  On really, really old furnaces - the real test is "does it make heat?  Yes? Good! It's working ..."

And then:  GO BUY A CARBON-MONOXIDE DETECTOR---NOW!  Much more important than a smoke detector, for any fuel-fired furnace.  (which is NOT to say you don't need a smoke detector, too!  You do!)

Sibling Chatty

Contemplating dragging out the heaters on My Hill. I think i'll just depend on my blankies for another week or three.

Chilly evening on My Hill.

Aggie

Hiding things in plain sight on My Hill.

Oh, and speaking of... I owe Toluous a pun explanation.  It has to do with his former LPWB clues (early on)..
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three_Kingdoms_of_Korea
Three that became two, which I'd have an advantage at guessing.

The pun was on the word 'one'; the South Korean unit of currency is the 'wan'.  Better puns can be made on the Vietnamese unit of currency.
WWDDD?

raining, finally on My Hill. Forcast was for Sunday evening, but it came in early.

But, surprising, it did not come with uber-cold temps, it's 62F outside according to my remote thermometer.

But, with this rain (and we need about a 100 inches more) we're trying to catch up on the missing moisture of 2006.  It's one of those slow rains that you can't really hear, unles you're out in it.

Nice. :)

Griffin NoName

Quaking in my boots on my hill.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Vita Curator

Beautiful, huge, full moon tonight on my hill, and clears skies! Yay!
Unity is Strength. Knowledge is Power. Attitude is Everything.

Sibling Kephra (Tansy)

Being courted by an interesting young man on MY HILL.  Hmmm
Insanity takes it's toll; please have correct change.

Sibling Chatty

Having a slow day at My Hill.

Laundry and naps, cake for me and Snausages for my dogboy...lazy days are good.

Black Bart

Enjoying the vista of the clouds wafting over the many Hills, on my Hill.
She was only the Lighthouse Keeper's daughter, but she never went out at night